The Golem Factory - hayulp!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Golem Factory - hayulp!
Warrior
Member # 4938
Profile #0
It's too damn' tough for my guys and girls.
I've done the slimes, the roaches and the troglo/giant quests. Any suggestions where I could go to level my guys up a bit, before I go back in there?
Is it better to kill a few golems, go back out, recharge, go back in, etc.? Is that even practical?

--------------------
"Keep both hands where I can see them"
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #1
thats the usual method, yes.
personally, ive only played through the whole game once, and that party didnt have any problems at all in the golem factory.
cant tell you where to prepare, sry.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Be sure to destroy the golem generators and bring more energy potions than you think you'll need. You'll need them.

—Alorael, who also recommends using excessive caution when rounding corners. Running into hordes of golems who are inaccessibly located past laser barriers can be hazardous to your party's health.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4938
Profile #3
Does that mean tiptoeing about in combat mode, hitting 'D' a lot and using physical ranged attacks whenever possible?

Plus, every time one of my guys whacks one of those darn crystals on the first/ground floor, he/she takes about 60 of damage. Ouch.

[ Sunday, November 07, 2004 10:15: Message edited by: Gunshy ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5140
Profile #4
Invulnerability elixirs help a lot in dealing with the Golem Factory.

But you can ignore the Golem Factory if you want to. You only need to complete either the slimes or the roaches, and the troglo-giants-tunnel barrier quest, and the Empress will give you permission to get inside Footracer Province for the endgame.

written by Gunshy: Is it better to kill a few golems, go back out, recharge, go back in, etc.? Is that even practical?

I'm told the dead monsters don't regenerate. So that should work.

[ Wednesday, November 10, 2004 20:02: Message edited by: The Waif ]

--------------------
"You can coal mine, moonshine or move on down the line." - Appalachian career choices described in "Coal Miner's Daughter"
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #5
Do you have a cleric who knows mass healing, preferably at level 3?

That helps a lot. Find level 3 of this spell downstairs from the NE corner of the giants cave. You need good rune reading ability.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #6
yeah, keep that rounding a corner and mass healing stuff in mind.
i wouldnt recommend ignoring the factory, though.
if you think the golems are tough, wait for footracer province.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Apprentice
Member # 4836
Profile #7
Have you gone on any of the legendary item quests? THese quests can help you level up considerably and get you items that'll improve your AP. Getting items that can increase your AP can help A LOT. Make sure you have the right weapons and items such as the mithril blade, black halberd and boots of speed. Also, try to make more knowledge brews to increase your skill points.
Warrior
Member # 4938
Profile #8
Well, I've been bustling about, scaring up every coin I can and buying up all the stocks of Invulnerability, Energy and herbs I can find. I've got Beastslayer and something else cool, plus Radiant Slith Spear. None of my armour is Blessed though.

My cleric has Lv.3 Mass Healing, but it eats SP.

I'll go looking for these legendary items - I've got the skinny on the Black Halberd, so I'll kick off with that.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #9
As far as legendary quests go, I'd recommend going after Pachter's Plate Mail. It's a lot easier than the Black Halberd quest and you also get Arcane Shield at level 3 in another area of the dungeon. I believe you need to enter the library in Gale to learn the location of this dungeon, and to have it appear once you get there. Some dungeons don't become accessible until you have done some background research.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #10
there is a large amount of skill required for this stuff, I suggest you go do the quests in the following order: 1. dryad's grove quest near libras, 2. sliths near golddale, 3. Ursagi cave 4. Spiral Crypt 5. Tomb of Vakhos, 6. Fading tower (careful!!) 7. chasm of screams 8. pachtar's mail,9. Erox 10. Defiled Crypt
11. Monastery of Madness(get tip from Foxfire) 12. Defiled Crypt, 13. Gremlin room at squiggus, 14. Tower of Zkal, 15. pit of the wyrm 16. Remote cave( black halbeard) :o

[ Tuesday, November 16, 2004 05:19: Message edited by: mistica ]

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #11
umm... Where is your ninth mission?
Well howewer, I have played avernum 3 trough, but I did only very little any sidequests, some of those seemed quite familiar, but I didn't know that there was so many leg.(legendary, not legal) quests.

--------------------
Visit the www.monkkonen.net and if you like, be the member of the forums.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
There are only five artifact quests (the Ring of Endless Magery, Pachtar's Plate Mail, the Fury Crossbow, the Recipe for the Knowledge Brew, and the Black Halberd), but there are dozens of mini-quests and side-quests.

The Golem Factory is hard no matter what, but it helps to know where you're going. The walkthrough in the header of these boards gives decent instructions.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4938
Profile #13
The walk through is brilliant - it's just that my crew keep getting their clocks cleaned! They just aren't tough enough.
I shall explore everywhere else and try things like the Knowledge Brew quest, in the hopes of acquiring a few more sp.

--------------------