List of Special Skills

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: List of Special Skills
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the special skills in the game. For example, I think if you get a lot of Dexterity you get fast on feet. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
It doesn't work like that in A1-A3, just BoA. You have to get the special skills through various quests and purchases. Also, Fast on Feet is a trait, not a skill. The only way to get one of those is to pick it while you are creating your characters.

Anatomy can be learned from someone in Paulsbo, I think. Find the giant spies and you'll get a few points.

Barter can be purchased from a Divine Lucre priest in Lorelei.

Blademaster can be bought from a drake in Northwestern Valorim, but I believe you need the Orb of Thralni to reach him. It's 10,000 gold for 1 point per party member.

Find Herbs is the reward for killing some ogres for a vampire somewhere in the northwest. Note that while the ogres also give you a quest with a good reward, you can only help one or the other, and there's no other source for Find Herbs.

Gymnastics is for sale somewhere, but I have no recollection of where. You can get a point from a pool in the place called the Woodsy Tower in E3 (and called the Fading Tower in A3, I believe).

Magery is sold by Erika. It's expensive but worth it.

Parry is allegedly taught by someone in Tevrono after you defeat the golems, but I've never gotten it from a steady source. There are a few points to be grabbed here and there, though.

Resistance comes from a handful of Mind Crystals, and your entire party gets one or two points from Ivanova in Golddale for completing her quest. It lowers your reputation, but it's easily worth that slighty setback.

Vahnatai Lore is taught by one of the Crystal Souls in Ghikra, but you can get plenty by doing a quest for Mahdavi. There are a few other places with some of this skill, too, and it's not very useful, so save your money.

—Alorael, who hopes all this was helpful. And if he's totally wrong... Well, it's been a while since A3.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4836
Profile #2
You get Gymnastics from the Monastery of Madness. I think it's in a tome or book somewhere on the first level
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #3
sorry I didn't clarify, but I meant A2.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #4
Barter: Tor, in Gunston Homestead. You must have completed Tor's quest first.

Find Herbs: Blosk. Talk to Justin(I think) and find Grahk's Peninsula. Return with its location; it's a bit to the west of the Little Vale, which is SW of Formello.

Magery: Solberg in Solberg's Tower. You must have Crown clearance. You can also buy it from an ice drake in the Scree Pits north of Fort Emerald after healing it with graymold salve.

Anatomy: Mertis.

Pathfinder: The priest in Formello.

Gymnastics: Search the forest north and a bit east of Fort Remote.

Blademaster: In the northernmost Vahnatai lands, get three wrapped bugs and deliver them to the bug shrine.

Vahnatai Lore: Southern Vahnatai lands.

Parry: Kill Gaddika-Bok, and then you can buy it in Mancuso.

(608)
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #5
thanks for the help Selentine. I was wondering how to get Magery.

--------------------