Garzahd- I'm stuck

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Garzahd- I'm stuck
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #0
The walkthrough said talk to Erika, then talk to Bartholomew in Blosk and ask him about Thompson. He is supposed to give me some sort of hint about a dresser. Everytime I try to do it, He says "all he left me was this useless messege!" but when I ask to see the messege, the screen is blank! Then he backs away and the conversaton ends. What do I do?
BANNED
Member # 4943
Profile #1
Well, you could try going into the northeast room of that building and looking at the dresser anyways, or you could go to (if memory serves me) fort remote where the message tells you anyways, along with something along the lines of a key west of formello in an undead castle. Thats my only guess.

--------------------
I start this off, without any words.
I got so high, I scratched till I bled.
Love myself, better then you.
I know it's wrong, so what should I do?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
I had to look this up, because I had forgotten this part. When you ask, "May I see the message?", this text appears in the dialogue box:

"'He left me a note saying he left me a message on the back of his dresser. I found the message but I can't understand it!' (You take note of this.) He shakes his head. 'The work goes slow without his help. I hope someone finds him soon.'"

There definitely appears to be a bug here. I can only get this message once.

At any rate, his room is the northern one in the east hall of that same building. The dresser has a note in it. You should be able to do exactly what Smirf described, I think.

[ Monday, September 13, 2004 18:12: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #3
possible that it wont work because you didnt "take note of this". if so, i suggest you re-install the thing and use your old savegame.
still wont work: spidweb-email.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Um, no. The cue "(You take note of this.)" indicates only that you have learned something that will affect your ability to do or say something else later on down the line (or, more technically, that an SDF is set).

You are not actually required to note it in your journal, and in virtually all cases, one can repeat this message. The fact that it doesn't show up on a second or third repetition at all appears to be a glaring bug.

And the fact that it repeats this on different computers indicates that it is probably not a corruption of any kind.

One should be able to progress normally from this point despite the missing message, though.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #5
thanks, i will try that. I had a feeling something was buggy.
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #6
yeah, I went to check the dresser and it did work. Apparently, whatever had to be "set" got "set" when I talked to Bartholomew. It's just that the text didn't appear!!