Avernum 2: Tower of Sixus Help!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum 2: Tower of Sixus Help!
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #0
I did something really dumb. In the Tower of Sixus, I saved the game right after I pulled the lever to open the west gate. 4 demons, 6 ogers, and like 10 giants appeared. I can't fight them (especially the demons) without getting killed every time. I don't think my party is experienced enough. I'm stuck! I don't want to use "Take Out Of Town" because I'm afraid I will mess the game up. I even had to cheat *sob* and gave myself the Demonslayer but it still doesn't help! And my party is like level 14 or more.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #1
You could try running away in fight mode, using healing potions and magic to keep your party alive until you get outside. Then you can rest. The only other solutions I can come up with are
1) ignoring the fact it might mess up your game and use 'Take Out Of Town',
2) keep fighting the battle and opening save files until you either win, or get so frustrated you don't want to play it anymore, or
3) start over. I don't think you want to do this, after raising your party up and doing side quests and other oddities. Save it as a last resort.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Apprentice
Member # 4788
Profile #2
btw u only need 1 char to escape alive so u can let other die then use a healer
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #3
But it's cheaper to keep them all alive, if at all possible. Besides, if they die, you have to march them back naked(or with ugly clothes on) to get their stuff back. ;)

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Warrior
Member # 250
Profile #4
If you can survive a few rounds of attacks, then you can try the following. Attack the enemy with all you've got, and then before your characters start dying, exit combat, save the game, use the editor to restore health and mp, and repeat.
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #5
You could try summoning a whole bunch of monsters and then cast beast ceramony before you pull the lever.
Warrior
Member # 4600
Profile #6
You could edit your charecters into being gods and save them under a different name, beat the demons, ogres, and giants, then just place all of the stats of the God-ish party back to what the orignal parties stats are... I've only done it a couple of times, but it works.

--------------------
Life is full with strife, without it there would be no knife, see no movement, rent no rage, keeping the emotions in the cage, hoping to be a sage and release it all in a magical way, then stall to runaway, from the death and decay.
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #7
it wouldn't have happended to you if you were using more than one save-file. for the future: i save every town i enter with the towns name and a number, ie 001tower of sixus, 002tower of magi etc. outdoors gets the savename 000, which i use very often, especially before entering a new town. so you can always get a short time back and need not starting over the whole game. ok, disadvantage: the saves cost a lot of space on your harddisc (or what is "festplatte" in english?)

--------------------
www.bigblue.de.gg BoA graphics and more