Pants of Power

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Pants of Power
Apprentice
Member # 5108
Profile #0
Earlier on, I asked for the item number for the pants of power and got it- 333. I heard that the pants of power that I used the character editor to give myself are weaker than the real version. My pants of power have 1-3 damage blocking. IS the real pants of power more powerful, and by how much if so?

--------------------
All roads lead to Blades of Avernum.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #1
They aren't
The ones you have are the real ones-
Who told you this?
and don't say that it was your mom

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Apprentice
Member # 5108
Profile #2
It was RebelK418 in the thread artifacts on scenario 1, started by ultimate26.

--------------------
All roads lead to Blades of Avernum.
Warrior
Member # 3575
Profile #3
Pants of Power from VoDT

weighs 8.0 pounds
worth 400 coins
prevents 1-8 points of damage

Pants of Power from the editor with code 333

weighs 4.0 pounds
worth 400 coins
prevents 1-3 points of damage
+5% Resistance: Elements, Magic

In my opinion the ones from the VoDT are better.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #4
Isn't there another code for it then? Or does the editor come with its own special set of items?

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #5
The editor uses the basic item set (corescendata.ini IIRC). Each scenario can use its own set of items (loaded from the scenario script). Each of the scenarios that come with Blades do so.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
The ones from VotDT average a whopping 4.5 average damage blocked. The ones from the editor average 2 average damage blocked and also deflect all sorts of nasty stuff hurled your way. The choice is obvious.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5134
Profile #7
I just Registered. :)
I love your games. I remember the first time I played Avernum 1
well anyhow. do you guys know what the most powerful sword is. is it the Icylong sword. Because thats what I have.

--------------------
Don't do that.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #8
I'm pretty sure the Alien Blade is tops, although it's a two-handed weapon and can't be used with a shield.

Actually, come to think of it, the God Sword in Kel's HLPM is easily the best.

[ Monday, October 25, 2004 19:18: Message edited by: A Cool Half Million ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Warrior
Member # 3575
Profile #9
What level would you have to be to get the God sword?
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Kurojutsu the Vampire:

The ones from VotDT average a whopping 4.5 average damage blocked. The ones from the editor average 2 average damage blocked and also deflect all sorts of nasty stuff hurled your way. The choice is obvious.
The choice is obviously which? I can't tell from the way you phrased it, but I guess in my shameful inexperience with the game I'd go with the VoDT ones. The 5%, being a relative benefit, should eventually get much more valuable than that constant deduction of 2.5 points, as the opponents and the PC get more powerful.

Also, they're half as heavy. Especially with 1-PC parties, 4 pounds of weight make a big difference, such as an extra invulnerability potion or such.

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
You have to be making a god party. But I am informed that the God Sword is too powerful, in that a god PC will do more than 32K damage about 50% of the time with the sword equipped, and more than 32K of damage is too much for the game to handle, so the game reduces that to 0, meaning that you do nothing half the time.

This will be fixed for the next version of the HLPM.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5134
Profile #12
God sword?
What number is that on the editor.
You know. they should make a multiplayer thing on Avernum. Then I would wallop you all.
Anywys. do you know what number Knowledge brews are. on Avernum 3 it was 426 or something like that.
I used to get a ton of knowledge brews and those little blue magery crystal spell thingys and then my lightning did 2000 damage (that's alot.)
I also got my guy to 40 strenth on KNowlege brews so I could bash down all the doors. :D

--------------------
Don't do that.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #13
quote:
I used to get a ton of knowledge brews and those little blue magery crystal spell thingys and then my lightning did 2000 damage (that's alot.)

did you read the above post?
quote:
in that a god PC will do more than 32K damage about 50% of the time
2000 is 1/16th of the damage done. When I was playing around with the HLPM I just thought that I was missing more- Now my understanding is greater- Thankyou.

[ Tuesday, October 26, 2004 08:51: Message edited by: m's chosen ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5134
Profile #14
I resent That.
You can get 2000 damage with magery skill crystals
they give you a special skill that bosts the damage done with mage and priest spells. Get enough and you can do 2000 damage.
This can take the fun out of killing alot of things. and it sort of sounds dumb when you hit the doom guard with it and it says No effect. It's like how can you survive a billion watts of electricty centered on your brain.
At first it may not seem like you did 1000 damage it'll say something like. 194. but if you look at the journal thing at the bottom of the screen it'l say something like.
Gandalf casts firebolt
targets goblin for 1940 damage

--------------------
Don't do that.