artifacts on scenario 1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: artifacts on scenario 1
Apprentice
Member # 5107
Profile #0
is there any cool rare item or artifact that can be found on the first scenario? i dont mind having any spoilers

--------------------
in the beginners mind there are many choices but in the rookies mind there are few.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
There are quite a few, actually. The Flaming Sword, Rogue's Vest, Pants of Power...

I don't remember where the first two are, but the Pants of Power are on the bodies of one of the mages behind a secret passage.

You can also steal a Fine Waveblade from the Vahnatai when you find them. It's arguably the best weapon in the scenario.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #2
The flaming sword is on a skeleton near the holding cells. I can't quite remember where the rogue's vest is, though.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #3
I remember a vest in a locked, mine-trapped chamber in the students quarters, somewhere south of the hall where you defeated the gremlin's chief.

[ Wednesday, October 20, 2004 14:56: Message edited by: spy.there ]

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Apprentice
Member # 5107
Profile #4
thanks guys i found the pants of power,rogues vest and the fine waveblade so... can i know a bit more of where the flame sword is?

--------------------
in the beginners mind there are many choices but in the rookies mind there are few.
Apprentice
Member # 5107
Profile #5
also i found an emblazoned shield isnt it rare? or unique?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Yep. I think there's another rare shield in the scenario too, now that you mention it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #7
There is a magic buckler somewhere, in the Bandits's Lair, I think.

The Flaming Blade is on the body of a skeleton in the northwestern corner of a level in the School. I don't remember what the level is called , but it's the one where you enter the command to free the dragon.

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #8
There's an Ichor Coated Shield in a heavily guarded room in the Bandit Hideout south of the westernmost town. It protects against sickness. Not a great item, but somewhat enhanced.

The Chitin Armor you get by killing the platebug queen has the same protection ability.

If you can kill the Demon in the School of magic, you get a Strength Bracelet.

I believe you need lockpicking ability around 10 to open the Vahnati chest to steal the fine waveblade. They don't mind you stealing it.

[ Thursday, October 21, 2004 13:38: Message edited by: My Quasimodo ]

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #9
There's also the Emblazoned Shield (5% Magic Protection), but I don't know where it is. It kinda sucks though...
Apprentice
Member # 5108
Profile #10
Thanks for this thread ultimate. I already got some cool stuff. Can anyone tell me where the flaming sword is?

--------------------
All roads lead to Blades of Avernum.
Apprentice
Member # 5107
Profile #11
welcome mats :D now i need help on clearing the first scenario :C theres bunch of quests like finding the cure and finding the suspicious patrol guys, but i cant find nothing!

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by ultimate26:

welcome mats :D now i need help on clearing the first scenario :C theres bunch of quests like finding the cure and finding the suspicious patrol guys, but i cant find nothing!
All you have to do is read the game manual. It tells you how to win the first scenario. And when you get to "A small rebellion", we'll be happy to help!

- Archmagi Micael

P.S. FOr those of you who hate me - I'M BACK!

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 5108
Profile #13
The flame sword is on a skeleton body in the northwest corner of the Holding Cells in the School of magery. Don't waste ur time getting it though, I've got all the rare items and stuff and the fine waveblade is way better!

--------------------
All roads lead to Blades of Avernum.
Apprentice
Member # 5117
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

[QB]
I don't remember where the first two are, but the Pants of Power are on the bodies of one of the mages behind a secret passage.

QB]
What room/area are they in? I looked on the dead mages behind a secret passage in the control tower, but they only had robes on.