Dialouge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dialouge
Infiltrator
Member # 444
Profile Homepage #0
How is the dialouge going to be set up in A3? More specifically, how are the job boards, quests, and general dialouge options going to be set up? Are you going to add any more types of dialouge nodes? I would like to see the addition of an if-then give dialouge node.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
BOA not A3... but I get what your saying, and I too am curious.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
If BoA is like BoE, there will be no job boards. I don't think that that's any great loss, though. Real quests are far more satisfying.

Dialogue will probably be programmed in some tree format, so that each option you choose opens other options. Then there are probably SDF-dependent conversation choices, and all the other nice bits and pieces. I have no idea how it will work exactly, but I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out.

Use of special nodes in dialogue was already supported in BoE. I very much doubt that Jeff will take it out for BoA.

—Alorael, who hopes quests will be handled as quests, and not as SDF's or events. The quest log is a wonderful thing, and it would be a shame to lose it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
If-then give will be handled by scripts, which can be called during dialogue.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #4
I'm guessing it'll be virtually identicle to Geneforge's dialogue scripts, which you can view in the data folder of Geneforge - fortunately, I believe Jeff included notes in some of the scripts.

--------------------
Riot Shields
Voodoo Economics
It's just business
Cattle prods
And the IMF

I trust I can rely on your vote
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
Actually, you shouldn't have to write scripts like that - it should be all nicely interfaced.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #6
My guess is a tree... ex: NPCintro->PC1,PC2,PC3...PC1->NPC1...PC2->NPC2...etc... I know barely any of you are going to understand that but... it should be something like a family tree. Except with dialogue paths. But you already knew that.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00