The editor

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The editor
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #0
OK this is going to sound really stupid and I apolgise upfront but now I've finished all 4 scenarios I want to try out the ones members here have done and maybe try to do one myself.

However, there's one little snag. I don't know how to use the editor. Can somebody either give me some advice or pass on a link to where I might find such information. Thank you.

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin
Warrior
Member # 4778
Profile Homepage #1
there is a documentation with the editor. and you should get the Blades of Avernum Editor Cookbook at eriks cookbook
and of course you have the option to ask questions in the BoA-editor forum

--------------------
www.bigblue.de.gg BoA graphics and more
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
For the most extreme basics, read section 1.1 in the docs. For more than that, read the rest of the docs (which are confusing the first time -- don't worry about it) and also the aforementioned Cookbook is pretty good. I wrote an article (that I should probably get posted over in the Scenario Workshop, come to think of it) that you may find useful.

And yeah, ask specific questions. I sometimes create scripts on request, and so do a few others of us, and the Codex (linked at the top of the board) is a good place to get general creature and terrain scripts.

[ Friday, September 03, 2004 10:28: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #3
Hello.

You can start by reading the documents that come with the editor. Give it a first reading, don't worry about understanding everything on your first try. Just get an overall idea.

Some people might prefer to start reading Erik's Editor Cookbook, which was already linked here. Much more simplified, but doesn't substitute the editor's docs. A very handy document.

Third, you can visit my site: Blades of Avernum Center. Just click in the link in my signature bellow. You'll keep yourself informed about what's going on in the BoA design community. Also, you'll find articles, scripts, tools, links to other BoA related sites, etc.

At last, you're welcome to post your doubts, questions, etc in these forums. More specifically: the BoA editor forum. You'll find here some more experienced members that will help you.

I know you're not new at spidweb's forums, but welcome to the BoA forums. :)

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
http://p080.ezboard.com/bthelyceum

Why waste your time by going anywhere else?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00