Worth it?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Worth it?
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #0
Hi, this is Rosycat. From General. Hi. I'm kind of nervous. Hi.

Well, I've finally got a bit of money, and I guess it's high time I get another Spiderweb game. That would be fun. Yes.

So simultaneously I'm reading all these threads about BoA and am finding them quite arousing. :P And so it seems I should register it...

But should I? Chances are I'll be too stupid to code, so I'm really relying on the strength of the scenarios here. Which obviously have time to improve...

Basically, do you think I should register it? Is it worth it? I'm posting in the wrong forum, as you'll all start saying yes, but would you say the time is ripe?

GIVE ME SOME POINTERS FOLKS

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #1
Not much difference whether you register now or later. But if you register now, you can play what there is now, and if some new exciting scenario gets made, you can have a chance of testing it.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Well, I think the time is right. We have a handful of short scenarios (RoR, BS, TCoNR, EM, DaC), and a slightly longer one (APF) coming out pretty soon, as it is in the later stages of beta judging by the recent posts. I strongly suspect we'll see another beta call within a week or so. And after that, we may see a continuous flow of one or two scenarios per month.

Eh, I should know this but I don't: what other SW games do you have (other than, obviously, BoE)?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #3
I'd be getting it myself if I could get ahold of a credit card, oh well.

[ Thursday, August 26, 2004 19:34: Message edited by: Mortimer ]

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #4
Well alright. I'll get it. *bites lip*

EDIT: Kel, I have E3, A2, Nethergate, GF and GF2. Actually, wow. I have a lot. Eh. Half were Christmas presents.

[ Friday, August 27, 2004 03:44: Message edited by: Magic Hunter Gurrrrl ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
You could get A1 then. Eh, that's kind of a toss-up, A1 or BoA. Probably BoA if you have the patience to wait a little bit as new scenarios come out.

EDIT: You're cute when you're nervous. :)

[ Friday, August 27, 2004 08:07: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #6
Rosy: BoA has woken from the nap it was taking. In the last couple of weeks or so, there have appeared a few scenarios, quite an explosion compared to the last month or so. It makes sense because people were making them during the silence.

I'll say go with BoA.

You know what Kel said is right. In the good way, of course. :)

Whatever you choose, best of luck!

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #7
Yes. If scenarios take a while to come out, you can always make towns full of friendly and hostile people/monsters and watch them fight. That way you can play with the editor and not have to worry about code.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Unlike in Blades of Exile, the scenarios that come with the game are already close to worth the money, imho.

And seeing as people like, say, TM, have adapted to the new medium already, I'd say tons of quality scenarios are a matter of time only. Roses of Reckoning seemed a little shallow, if only because the storyline didn't leave much open to choice, but Emerald Mountain was the best one I ever played. :)

Edit: Kelandon's right. :P

[ Friday, August 27, 2004 12:41: Message edited by: Agitated Room Ripple Jewel ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #9
What do you mean unlike in BoE? They're the exact same scenarios, with the exception of DwtD, and I don't think one scenario really makes that much of a difference, especially that one.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #10
It is definately worth it. Jeffs scenerios are fun, and Emerald Mountain alone could keep you satisfied for a month.
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #11
my opinion would be to get BOA, because in BOE you have to go into fight mode to kill something with your sword. In BOA you can just walk straight up to your enemy and stab them :)
I think this makes the game just a smidge better that BOE, but then again thats just my opinion :D

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #12
The only bad part about that is you can't stab neutral/somewhat friendly/friendly people(i.e. the merchant who sold you a useless pair of scissors that you didn't want just because you were having mouse problems). :( It wouldn't have to be complicated, you could just program it to hit whatever's in your path, friendly or not when you press 'shift' while you click. It would also keep me from the boredom of going into fight mode just before I go on one of my killing sprees(only in the friendly towns of course) :D

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #13
Have you played the demo? Did you liked it? It only gets better. ;)

Of course, now it's up to the BoA players to make it better.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9