Numbers and Things...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Numbers and Things...
Apprentice
Member # 4806
Profile #0
Does anyone have any specific data on elements of gameplay, such as how often Fast on Feet and Quick Strike at different levels gives you an extra ability point, or how often a point of Hardiness will reduce damage taken? What exactly does Divinely Touched do? How much better are you at picking locks with Nimble Fingers? How exactly does Toughness Work? Does the Elite Warrior bonus work with pole weapons or only with Mellee, and how much of a bonus is? Stuff like that...

Oh, and what does "Poison Damage" such as from the Cobra Charm and Alien Blade do? Is it any good?

[ Tuesday, August 03, 2004 20:30: Message edited by: Bonfreyon ]
Apprentice
Member # 4258
Profile #1
quote:

Does anyone have any specific data on elements of gameplay, such as how often Fast on Feet and Quick Strike at different levels gives you an extra ability point, or how often a point of Hardiness will reduce damage taken? What exactly does Divinely Touched do? How much better are you at picking locks with Nimble Fingers? How exactly does Toughness Work? Does the Elite Warrior bonus work with pole weapons or only with Mellee, and how much of a bonus is? Stuff like that...
I can comment on a few of these...

Divinely Touched trait - Gives a bonus to Str, Dex, and Int equal to 1 + level/7. Also gives you the overpowered ability, Divine Aid, which essentially turns you into an invincible killing machine for a few rounds.

Hardiness - I *think* it blocks physical damage randomly in a range of 0 to the amount you have trained. Also increases magic resistance by 1 for each point, and it increases fire and cold resistances by 9 for every 4 points put in (strangely it increases them by 1 for each point until you get to the 4th, at which they go up by 6).

Elite Warrior helps with pole as well as melee, but I'm unsure of the exact bonus it gives.

quote:
Oh, and what does "Poison Damage" such as from the Cobra Charm and Alien Blade do? Is it any good?
Every time you hit an enemy with that weapon it will poison them, causing them to take additional damage each round until it wears off. Personally I found the extra poison damage to be insignificant and discarded the Alien Blade for a weapon with a higher base damage.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
I think Nimble Fingers does nothing at the moment. One could modify door.txt and trap.txt so that it does, but right now, I'm pretty sure it's useless.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #3
Nimble Fingers adds four points to your Tool Use ability, I believe.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom