Origin of Nephilim in Avernum

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Origin of Nephilim in Avernum
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #0
I am interested in the background of the Nephilim in Avernum. I know that the sliths were kicked out of Lost Assikvas and the Vahnati are not certain exactly where they came from. I know that the Avernites were exiled to the caves. I am curious how the Nephilim came to be.

The term Nephilim refers to fallen angels. I am wondering if they had fallen from a much higher state either a starfaring race-- somewhere there is a crashed ship or came through a powerful magical portal from another world.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #1
As far as my knowledge extends, The nephilim are surface creatures, just like humans, and the empire kicked them down into avernum, (just like humans). Of course the empire eradicated a lot of them too, and so their numbers are much fewer than the humans.

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
That's Lost Bahssikava, not Lost Assikvas! The town was in A1, not ZKR.

The nephilim were on the surface with humans. A1 mentions this when you first arrive in Avernum, and A3 mentions that the Ratbane clan onced existed in Valorim (you can read this in the Xian Tome, among other places).

A1 explains (right away, in Fort Avernum) that the Empire has been exiling nephilim in addition to humans, but they arrive in Avernum at a different location.

How they evolved is another question, one that the Trilogy does not answer.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00