Melee

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Melee
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #0
I was playing A3 for a while today, and I suddenly had a thought when fighting some alien beasts. Since the very first version of Exile melee has been straightforward; you whack the enemy, it takes damage (depending on its armour) and (hopefully) dies. While this is fine, why not broaden the scope for melee more? After all, there are 40 different mage and priest spells; why not have a few different melee settings?

I don't know if this idea is worth looking at, but if you feel like it post back on this subject with ideas or comments. It is probably too late to incorporate this into BoA, but I just though that it could be interesting for the future.I will get the, er, bandwagon rolling with one idea. You could set each character to a certain kind of attack; e.g. slash, thrust, hack. Depending on your weapon and the type of armour of the enemy, damage would differ.

I know this is probably a stupid thing to post, so just tell me if it is :D .

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #1
An interesting idea, though as you say it's probably too late to put it in BoA. Anyway, I'd like to see various special attacks, which of course would partially depend on weapon type. Examples might include blackjacking someone with a blunt weapon, which would cause damage + sleep or paralysis, or bracing a spear against a charging foe, which would act as a big, nasty and pugnacious martyr's shield, but would only last for one hit, or preparing to riposte with a sword, which would count as a partial parry and also allow for counterattacks.
In any case, put this on the shelf (with light and dark magic) for the 'unknown future game'.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #2
I like the idea of different weapons like bashing, blade, etc. They sould be made even more different with after effects, whatever.

--------------------
DONOR Fat Freddys Drop
Shirow Miwa
Shock Trooper
Member # 2300
Profile #3
So do I :D I miss Bashing Weapons from the Exile series...the satysfying plop of the 3-chained-flail rings clear in my memory.

--------------------
Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." - Soviet infantry manual, 1930's
Posts: 267 | Registered: Wednesday, November 27 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #4
That depends on the material it's made from...
As such, a jello flail would splorch, and a fish flail would Shlabapp.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.