A waste.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A waste.
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #0
If you're a graphics editor, you might know what I'm talking about. Your PCs graphic file consists of two columns, one is for the unarmored version of your PC, holding different weapons and a shield; the other is for the armored version. Don't you think this is a waste, who isn't going to be wearing armor? Why not save that column so you can edit the movement of the character when they cast spells? If all of this has been confusing, I'm sorry, don't pay attention to it, I'm just expressing my opinion.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
I would've personally wanted those little graphics to be multilayered sprites that could be imposed on each other, though in a very rigid way. At least that way you could change what evey item looked like in the graphics.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
The new version of the HLPM (set for release later today, once I, er, work out one or two final bugs) strips the characters naked at one point on the "god" setting. It is rather odd to see what they look like without armor, because I'd actually never seen it before.

I hadn't noticed until someone pointed it out that while casting spells, the PCs remain in pose 2 (normal combat) rather than going into pose 1 (attacking). It seems like they should just look like they're attacking, because it looks much cooler that way.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #3
Yeah. It's a bit strange, because NPCs go into attack pose when they cast, but not us PCs.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #4
That's exactly what I meant when I posted before, but nobody got that. I wonder if something will be done.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
No, nothing will be done. I suppose Jeff could change the thing about the combat poses, and for the new engine for his next game he might make something like what Eldiran suggested for the graphics, but for BoA, we're pretty much stuck with what we have.

My assumption is that if it's not clearly and undisputably classifiable as a bug, Jeff will not change it for BoA.

[ Wednesday, July 21, 2004 18:55: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #6
Yeah. "It's not a bug, it's a feature!" :D

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9