Is there?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is there?
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #0
A way to edit the game so that some creature abilities are usable by PCs.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #1
You mean your charecters stoning guards, and breathing fire? No. You cant change it unless you hack into..
..on second thought I dont know much about making special abilites, but you could use a code to send a beam and a boom on the target charecter (like a dumbfounding ray) and affect the status of the creature. There are no projectile effects though, so fire blasts, like that of lava bats, and blue diamonds, like that of ice drakes, will not be possible.
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #2
quote:
A way to edit the game so that some creature abilities are usable by PCs.

Do you mean like rays that some creatures are given, like ghosts or vapor rats? They use dark ray and curse ray, as I recall.

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #3
You could make an item to imitate the ability, but other than that, I don't remember any way. You couldn't even use special items like in BOE.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
Special abilities. Yes. You can fake any creature ability you can name (except that it won't actually do the missile animations for fireballs etc, grrr). It will only work with the one scenario in which the ability was defined, though.

EDIT: This post may appear redundant, but I can affirm these statements pretty much for certain, which it didn't appear that anyone previous did.

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 16:42: Message edited by: Just Call Me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00