My Scenario Ideas

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: My Scenario Ideas
Apprentice
Member # 4733
Profile Homepage #0
A scenario kind of like that short story "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell. Your party is lured to an island by some crazy being that desires to hunt intelligent prey. In your view, however, you are there ostensibly to eradicate a lycanthrope infestation. During the course of the scenario you would meet up with various and sundry uber-dangerous critters as well as other adventurers lured under false pretenses. I plan for this to be a high-level scenario where characters may burgeon and realize their full capabilities.

--------------------
Still and transfixed the electric sheep are dreaming up your fates.
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #1
That's what this thread is for. Sillyhead. ;)

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #2
It might be better to make your first few scenarios medium - high level, not really high. You definitely need to make sure all the battles are purposeful and aren't tedious, nor impossible.

EDIT: But the idea is pretty good. The context of it is pretty original. I know that some scenarios released for BoE are based upon you doing things only to find out that it was all a 'game' of someone else, but not quite in this way.

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 06:21: Message edited by: Keep ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
I second that. Making your monsters bigger and uglier doesn't make them any more interesting. Making them have something to do with the plot does, and giving them new, strange abilities can.

However, it depends a bit on your definition of "high level" -- BoA's monsters can go up at least to level 100, so keeping it to a level 40 scenario is probably fine, if done carefully.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00