Found in DwtD: another magical thing ...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Found in DwtD: another magical thing ...
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #0
... that is sadly not transportable to other scenarios. I enjoyed a short "flight" with the Lamp of Lightness and bought all four lamps - but they disappeared when I left the scenario ...
Well, at least I could keep the Wizards Cap.
:D This game is full of surprises.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #1
Interesting. I seem to recall not being able to afford something called a Lamp of Lightness at some point somewhere.

Man, I really should take some time off from endlessly butchering these poor scripts and actually play through the scenarios again.

--------------------
I ain't no ******* son of a *****.
You better think about it, baby.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #2
;) It's in a very sophisticated shop in lower Seleucia and you don't get the Wizard Cap without it.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Actually, I did, with the aid of a few invulnerability potions and an Enduring Barrier on Betty. Not an experience I'd like to repeat, though. :P
Warrior
Member # 4665
Profile #4
I got the Wizard's Cap, and I've never even heard of the Lamp of Lightness before now.

--------------------
Soy sauce makes everything better. Except for Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Soy sauce makes Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders all sticky. And it makes them smell funny. But soy sauce makes everything else better. Just not Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #5
I have absolutley no idea what you guys are talking about. Lamp of lightness? Wizards cap? Wha?

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #6
The lamp of Lightness is (apparently) an item who gives you the capacity tofly (like the orb in Avernum), and you need it to get the Wizard Cap, an object, who, I think, is in the Vampire's Castle (crypt, S-E)...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #7
Ahh right. Very clever. Thank you.

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
I don't think it gives flight, just featherfall. Which is pretty handy for jumping off ledges that would otherwise do hundreds of points of damage.
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

;) It's in a very sophisticated shop in lower Seleucia and you don't get the Wizard Cap without it.
Oh, so that's how you're supposed to survive the fall... It tried enduring barrier, but that wasn't enough.
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #10
I managed to get down there with one of my fighters once by jumping. He had like 4 hp's left. Everyone else went splat.

Obviously, he keeled over and died as soon as the lich down there breathed on him.

--------------------
I ain't no ******* son of a *****.
You better think about it, baby.