Blades of Avernum Wrap Report

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Blades of Avernum Wrap Report
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #0
quote:
We solicit Spiderweb Software principal Jeff Vogel's post-ship thoughts on his tiny team's most recent release.

In case you wanna read the article:

IGN Article

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Should we make an Avernum 4 (which is likely), the engine will be sparkly and new

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #2
Ugh. I really hope Avernum 4 never makes it.

[ Thursday, July 08, 2004 06:01: Message edited by: Morgan ]
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #3
quote:
Should we make an Avernum 4 (which is likely),
Djur?

quote:
the engine will be sparkly and new.
Great. We get BoA thinking we've got a really great engine to play with, then a better one appears. :P

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
My thoughts on this are here.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
The third challenge, in my mind, was mending bridges with the Blades of Exile scenario design community. Blades of Exile was a big success in a lot of ways, but I didn't do as good as job supporting it as I could have. I tried to go the extra mile in terms of convincing them that I was going to provide a solid, well-supported product, and also to do a lot of little extra things, like making the scenario editor open source.
Here's to a step in the right direction. May it lead to bigger and better things, and happy customers, even if they are all 8-year-olds or septuagenarian eskimos.

—Alorael, who wouldn't mind seeing an Avernum 4, especially with a new engine. He still likes the turn-based and he still thinks that the best of BoE/BoA is related to Exile/Avernum only loosely at most. All the same, it would be nice to know what the creator of the Empire and E/A thinks will happen to them in their new touchy-feely relationship.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Double post!

—Alorael, who didn't even catch this quickly. Yes, he is properly ashamed of himself.

[ Friday, July 09, 2004 13:20: Message edited by: The Coomassie Blues ]
Apprentice
Member # 4656
Profile #7
quote:
So far, my efforts have not been met with rage by the community. So we'll see how it goes.
Ooo! Allow me to be the first!

You won't get away with this, Vogel! How dare you! Ohhhh you... you... YOU! You haven't heard the last from me, Mr. Big Shot Game Making Person!

On a less angry note: Avernum 4? Geneforge 23? Geneforged Blades of Netherexile? Great. Who cares. Just make it so I can buy it already.

--------------------
I ain't no ******* son of a *****.
You better think about it, baby.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Alorael double-posted! :eek: This is a sad day in the history of the Spiderweb boards... also since there cannot now be a claim that every single of those 7762 posts contains a different signature. :P

And whoever has assassinated Jeff and taken over his identity? He'll make Avernum 4 and "mend bridges with the BoE community?" Has hell frozen over? This is getting creepy...

[ Thursday, July 08, 2004 16:12: Message edited by: Arachnophobia ]

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
"Alorael double-posted!"

Oh no, rest assured he has some excuse preventing us from laying blame. He always does... rat bast*rd.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Shining Lightbulb:

quote:
Should we make an Avernum 4 (which is likely),
Djur?

I think I said I'd take a crap on their porch, right?

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Almost every one of my posts has had a unique signature. Sometimes it requires editing to get there, but it is done.

—Alorael, who has double posted before and will double post in the future. He sometimes wonders what the flood control is there for if it doesn't prevent flooding.