Trainers..

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Trainers..
Warrior
Member # 4600
Profile #0
Does anyone know of all of the trainers?

--------------------
Life is full with strife, without it there would be no knife, see no movement, rent no rage, keeping the emotions in the cage, hoping to be a sage and release it all in a magical way, then stall to runaway, from the death and decay.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
BoA doesn't have trainers. You can use your skillpoints to boost your skills in any town, and I mean town in the scenario sense. Yes, in the deepest depths of the Black Chasm of Doom, you can take a timeout to master the finer points of woodscraft.

—Alorael, who can't list all the NPCs that allow you to purchase skills for gold off the top of his head. Someone else probably can, but he can't.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Presumably in the Black Chasm of Doom, training would be turned off. The designer would hopefully have that much forethought.

From a quick look through the scenario scripts, these are the people from whom you can buy skills:
VoDT: none.
ASR: Maya in Zaskiva and Derfler in Buzzard.
ZKR: Vurg in Fort Goodling and a trainer in Morog's Castle.
DWtD: Schmid in outdoor section 0,2 (which I think puts it in the center of the northern region somewhere, but don't quote me on that).
RoR: Hana in Ashton.
BS: none.
ACoNR: none.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 2737
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Just Call Me Kel:

Presumably in the Black Chasm of Doom, training would be turned off. The designer would hopefully have that much forethought.
In all 4 of the official scenarios you can train anywhere indoors.
Warrior
Member # 286
Profile #4
DWtD: Schmid in outdoor section 0,2 (which I think puts it in the center of the northern region somewhere, but don't quote me on that).

Outdoors sections are numbered X coord, then Y coord, like you'd expect. So 0,2 would be in the west-most row of outdoor sections, in the third section down. So definitely somewhere in the far west region, and probably southwest-ish; I'm not sure how many outdoor sections DwtD has, so I couldn't say for sure.

--------------------
Z: "I just feel so insignificant."
Psych: "You ARE. You're an ANT."
--Antz
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #5
You'll find the guy not far from the goblin camp in the southwest corner (look for a camp fire). I think you have to clear the spawning pit or something though, because at first he'll just run away. But he's worth the trouble; first level of riposte costs less than 200...