WIERD - How does Morog's Scepter work?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: WIERD - How does Morog's Scepter work?
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #0
Anyway, I was playing around with putting a character in all of the scenarios, and giving her all of the best equipment from every scenario to figure out an "ultimate" character to work towards, and I found the wierdest item.

It's Morog's Scepter, it's a thrown missile (so it goes in the slot you would otherwise put a sling in), it has unlimited ammo, it's cursed so you cant sell or unequip it, it does 6-30 points of damage plus 1-5 points of damage per level of mage spells and dexterity, and it adds +2 to pathfinder.

Talk about wierd!!

So... does Thrown Weapons help you be accurate with this item? How about Sharpshooter? Are Mage Spells and Dexterity the only ways to be more accurate and give higher damage with this? Do items that add "+ 1 level to missile damage" work normally with this? Or is it so unique that those bonuses dont stack? It seems to be a really puzzling item... any help would be appreciated! :)
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #1
I started a similar topic a while ago;

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000562

Based on the number of responses I've gotten (next to nothing), I think everybody else is equally confused by it!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
I'd say that bonuses to missile damage would work with this, as would Sharpshooter.

I'm wanting to get this for my mage, really.
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #3
I'm not 100% sure... maybe we should ask spiderweb...
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #4
So...

These skills definantly help this thing:

Dexterity
Mage Spells

And these skills theoretically help this thing:

Thrown Missiles
Sharpshooter

I wish I knew for sure about the last two... *sighs*
Apprentice
Member # 4444
Profile #5
Sharpshooter definitely helps. I'll tentatively say that Thrown Missiles increases accuracy but not damage.
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #6
anyone have a more authoritative answer on a good ratio on what skills help this most?
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #7
Bump? Any authorative answer on what helps what?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Throwing does absolutely nothing. Mage spells and dexterity work as advertised. I am almost positive that Sharpshooter and other abilities that make all missile weapons better make the scepter better.

—Alorael, who takes credit for the findings himself. Should there be errors, the fault lies purely with the character editor.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #9
What other abilities that "make all the missile weapons better"?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Beats me, but whatever they may be, they apply.

—Alorael, who thought there was an item that mentioned missile weapons. Now he can't find it anymore.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #11
You mean like the fletcher's ring?

I think it gives 10% to hit and +1 damage or something.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #12
Yea, Fletcher's Ring, Archer's Ring, Archer's Cloak, I guess...

Didnt know those were what you were referring to! Anyway, this character that "I'm giving all the best stuff" to just uses items that increase AP.. ;)