Spiraling Crypt bug?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spiraling Crypt bug?
Apprentice
Member # 981
Profile #0
Now I'm fairly sure this is something buggy going on and not just my stupidity, but bear with me here :P .

Right. I've killed the keybearer, and got the key. I look at the corner rooms, and in the 3 spaces where the crystals were, it says a message to the effect that the crystals are destroyed. Should I not be able to get into the middle room now?

Cheers
Stu
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You should. But aren't there crystals in all 4 corners?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #2
There are three crystals and the keybearer in the NW corner. To reach the middle stairway you need the spell Unlock Doors (I don't remember at what level).
To win the game, it's not necessary to go upstairs - well, you'll get a fine weapon and some other decent stuff. But if you are short of time, you could go directly to the docks and leave.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Apprentice
Member # 981
Profile #3
Ah... I thought there was some significance to the middle room. I'm out of there now. And is it just me, or is the troglo fort/Khoth's golem friends really not designed for singletons, *at all*? Anyone do this scenario with a singleton? At what level?

Cheers
Stu
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #4
When I went through ZKR with a singleton, I started at level 17 and was level 34 in Fort Cavalier. It's recommended to save the game often - a single PC will die more than once.
Of course it's more fun to play it at a higher level (30-40), the golems, efreets and other monsters are strong enemies.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 981
Profile #5
I think I was close enough the exact same levels as you. I got through most of it fine, apart from I had to cheat and give myself a heroic brew for the troglo castle & efreet/golems... there's no way a level 30 singleton can do them. Now I have the recipe for it, I'll probably go back for some more.

It just struck me that those 2 bits are nigh on impossible for a singleton. I'm already finding DwtD easier than ZKR.

Stu
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #6
:P The troglo castle was easy for me, but Khoth's allies made me reload more than once.

btw: Did you / did somebody find a way to that ledge behind the east wall in Morog's lair? There are some eyebeasts you can pay or kill them - the path then ends. I cannot use Far Sight outdoors, but I can see the the further way over the abyss. Do I miss something?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Yeah, I found those eyebeasts (and killed them). There's a secret passage in the mountainside to get to them. It's a dead end; the only thing there is the eyebeasts.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #8
Oh, a dead end, how disappointing. Thank you Thuryl.

--------------------