Za-Khazi Run question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Za-Khazi Run question
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #0
it says i only have 14 days. Does that mean I have to skip over exploring and just run to the finish so that I don't waste time? What happens if I dont get there in time? Can I go back to the Run to explore after I've delivered the package? If you can't, then this scenario stinks. Cause 14 days isn't enough time to do everything.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #1
You have 20 days to deliver the package or you will fail. I suppose that you can explore afterwards but I've never tried to.

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Apprentice
Member # 4437
Profile #2
Spoiler

no you only get a good reward if you do it in 13 days. oh and no you can not explore afterward :mad: its almost worth not getting there to get the giantslayer.

--------------------
"Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects."
-- Roger Zelazny (1937-95),
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
You can do everything in the scenario within the time limit if you're good. Just skip over the pointless time-wasting things like gold mining.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #4
I'm glad u told me that. Cause now I'm gonna take my sweeet time. No rushing for some dumb sword.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #5
Hold on, Giant Slayer? I beat it in 13 days and got a Blessed Greatsword. It was more disapointing than the Mithril Chainmail I got for beating a Small Rebellion.

EDIT: Anyone know what that key I found after killing the three Ice Drakes is for? I found it in one of my games, but it was so far out of the way I decided to leave it alone.

[ Monday, June 14, 2004 17:42: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #6
well i just gave myself the GiantSlayer :)
Can anyone please tell me how to kill that darn Giant Chief!? He's almost invincible!! This scenario is too hard! I get killed everytime I try to fight anything.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #7
If you are having too hard a time I would suggest lowering the difficulty. Next you should look at your character design and make sure you aren't putting points in useless skills, your fighters and archers should be dishing out damage atleast above 80. Finally, you need to put a sense of strategy into your battles. Don't just rush warriors off blindly, make sure they are well protected and ready to retreat if needed. I'd suggest giving them a few potions for extreme battles, just in case.

Above all, use protection spells and cloud of blades.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
The Giant Chief drinks an invulnerability potion at the start of the battle with him, which means he really is invulnerable for a few rounds. Spend those rounds killing his allies or healing, then go after him.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #9
Or haste yourself and enter combat mode before entering the room, and rush on him!

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

Anyone know what that key I found after killing the three Ice Drakes is for? I found it in one of my games, but it was so far out of the way I decided to leave it alone.
In the outdoor section near the end of the run (the section just below the Trog fort straddling the river, and just above the Lair of Casser-Bok), you'll find a series of tunnels in the southeast. As you go through these tunnels some will collapse on you — find the uppermost tunnel and enter the cave there. If you have the Drake's key, you can unlock the door blocking it and gain access to some nice treasures.

And to answer the original question, no you can't do much exploring after completing the scenario's quest since the route back through the Palace of Khoth has been blocked off by a wall. You can only explore the uppermost outdoor section, which isn't all that interesting.

My first time through the Run, I barely made it to the Fort in time and with tremendous difficulty. I later explored the whole Run in great detail by entering the scenario a few times afterwards. Not only did this give me the chance to poke around in every nook and cranny, but since my party was a higher level it was much easier and more fun.
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #11
Thank you for the tips. I did manage to kill the Giant Cheif. Playing this game on 'easy' is a lot more fun.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #12
quote:

Anyone know what that key I found after killing the three Ice Drakes is for?
I didn't find the three ice drakes. Where are they?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #13
They are down a cliff, just south of the Melopa Fortress. After scaling the cliff take a right and follow the path until you reach a cave.
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #14
well i take back what i said. now im at the spiraliing crypt (i completely skipped the Morog place, since it looked like way too much work) and I can't figure out what to do. I keep getting killed in every room. This has got to be the worst scenario for Avernum. The storyline sucks too. It's way too hard and the entire thing takes places underground. It's day 20 and im still not at the stupid fort.
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #15
I think it's not a bad scenario, but I understand you get crazy :P !The time limit is intersting, but it drives me berserk, too!
The Morog place is VERY usefull at the end of the run...For hints in the spiraling crypt, search the forum, there is a lot of stuff about the Za-Khazi Run...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #16
If you want to explore longer, you can change day in the character editor, I did it once when I got stuck in those green mushrooms.

--------------------
Visit the www.monkkonen.net and if you like, be the member of the forums.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #17
quote:

They are down a cliff, just south of the Melopa Fortress.
Thank you. Woo, a blessed spear. I have to come back here with a polearm fighter ...

:) Hey dram, relax. For less stress follow AA's advice. And give yourself some wands and potions for cases of emergency ...
The scen is not too hard. Use tactics. You have not to fulfill all sidequest, e.g. you must not kill the giant chief to get the unicorn horn. In the Spiraling Crypt you must not enter the middle aera to reach the boat. But you should visit Morog for the poppy charm. Don't bother with the Haakai in his cave - I got the mushrooms by defeating only 5 deepcrawlers.
In the SC where you get killed in every room: did you haste and bless, did you enter in fighting mode?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Apprentice
Member # 4173
Profile #18
well now i got the darn key so im ready to leave the crypt. its not that it's too hard, it just that there is WAY too much combat. I like more dialouge like in ASR (a small rebellion) i dont think i want to explore anymore, i just want to win. i also think i need a break from avernum...im probly burnt out.
Warrior
Member # 4583
Profile Homepage #19
The Run isn't that crazy. What's crazy is the timed event in Stalker's Fortress, you won't have time to loot and I got stuck in a bad place.

--------------------
"Fall in CHAOS!!!" Dark Archon.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #20
There is nothing good in Stalker's fortress anyway. I think there is a Blessed Bow, but you can find that in the Deep Cavern in ZKR, and buy one in DWTD (along with a Blessed Crossbow and good bolts and arrows.)
Warrior
Member # 3905
Profile #21
Is that what the Ur-basilisk is guarding in the lower left corner of Stalker's fortress? I couldn't dispell all those barriers with just one piercing crystal so I gave up. It's been bugging me since...
Apprentice
Member # 4361
Profile #22
and another question bout the ZKR, what do i do with the dragon scroll Morog gives me?am i supposed to give it to somebdy?

--------------------
------------------
So far,so good...SO WHAT?!
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #23
You will need to give the Dragon scroll to Koth, the dragon...You can also give him the Opal, and an other artefact (I don't know the name).

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #24
It's the Crystal of Purity. You can give Khoth any one of the items to get past, or more than one for extra rewards. Or you can just kill Khoth to get by.

--------------------

Pages