Newbie Singleton Question:

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Newbie Singleton Question:
Apprentice
Member # 4510
Profile #0
Now, I don't know if this is obvious or not, but... If I start with a singleton, he will gain more experience than a group would, right? And, so be able to make up for numbers in strength?

I am very new, and not sure how this works, but it seems that only the person who kills a monster gets exp... so if my one character kills all monsters, he gets all exp... right?

--------------------
"From now on, our lives will revolve around OVERWHELMING WORD!" -Pokèmon Saphire, Dewford Town Trend Maniac
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
Yes, a singleton gets a lot of experience with some haste. This can make up much of their inherent weakness after you've done some exploring.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 2147
Profile #2
Also, try a Nephilim Divinely Touched Fast on Feet character...

when that character goes haste/blessed/divine aid, they get, like, 12 action points and can attack three times... hehehe. Of course, you'll have to take armor off to cast high power mage spells, but thats no biggie as you can do that for the noncombat spells that youll need, and you can still cast haste with all your armor on..
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #3
SupertoneD says:"it seems that only the person who kills a monster gets exp... "

No, I don't think so...If you kill a 20 Xp monster with a four PC's party,each of them get 5 Xp, I think.But with a singleton, your only caractere get 20, so of course, it's faster.

For your singleton, try to put one point in priest spell a the creation, and bless yourself.I haven't try to put points in mage spell, cause it's hard enough to do a decent priest/warrior...

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by SupertoneD:

Now, I don't know if this is obvious or not, but... If I start with a singleton, he will gain more experience than a group would, right? And, so be able to make up for numbers in strength?

I am very new, and not sure how this works, but it seems that only the person who kills a monster gets exp... so if my one character kills all monsters, he gets all exp... right?

Not Quite, when a monster is killed it's XP is shared by all current characters, but you idea will still work, and I'm probably confusing you. :confused:

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)