download scenerios for windows users

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: download scenerios for windows users
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #0
where can i go to find the download page for the other scenerios? i have played all 4 of the ones that come with the game, now i need more :)

can somebody please help me?

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #1
You can download new scenarios on:

www.avernum.com/blades/scen_list.html

After what, choose the table: quality scenarios , scenario, or untried and untested scenarios...
Then, on the table, choose if you want the mac or the windows download...You will need an unziper, like Stufflt expander on mac, or winrar on windows.

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #2
Note that BoA is very new, and as a result there aren't many scenarios out right now.

But there will be :)

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Apprentice
Member # 4357
Profile #3
I also believe there are a few user-created websites where you can get them. Also note that Blades of Exile scenarios are supposed to be able to transfer to BoA.

So, if you're really hurting for new scenarios, find a BoE site (here, or otherwise), download a scenario, put it into your BoA EDITOR, save it as a BoA scenario, and you should be good to go.

Note that I have not actually tried this, but it should work in theory.

In other news: This is my favorite messageboard software. Infopop for life!

--------------------
Drunken Music from The Sober Irishman

***I beta-tested Blades of Avernum and you didn't***
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by The Sober Irishman:

I also believe there are a few user-created websites where you can get them. Also note that Blades of Exile scenarios are supposed to be able to transfer to BoA.

So, if you're really hurting for new scenarios, find a BoE site (here, or otherwise), download a scenario, put it into your BoA EDITOR, save it as a BoA scenario, and you should be good to go.

NO.

This WILL NOT work. The converter is only about 25% of the conversion process, and what it outputs is always highly incomplete. It still takes a lot, lot, lot of work to get the scenario as it was in BoE.

[ Wednesday, June 09, 2004 05:29: Message edited by: Grey-Eyed Stranger ]

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by The Sober Irishman:

What the SOBER ISISHMAN said won't work. You need to do major editing to make a BoE scenario work in BoA. just wait for other people to make theirs, or make your own... :rolleyes:

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #6
Does anyone else think there should be a sticky in this forum as follows?

Topic: Finished all the scenarios and looking for more?

Message: Open up the editor and start making your own, or if you are very lucky, wait for an editor to open up for beta-testing. Otherwise, just wait. There are no 'hidden' scenarios. What's there, is there.

By the way, this isn't meant as a snarky post against the starter of this topic. I think I just like sticky's.

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Possibly, but UBB (this version, anyway) does not support stickies. The notice could go in the forum header, but hey, we like saying the same things over and over and over again.

—Alorael, who also thinks certain individuals need to be constantly reminded to open the editor and get to work. A Spiderweb admin springs to mind...
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #8
thanks for the link, have now done all of the scenerios.
I did try making my own but it just went kablooe, i don't think i realy understand what i'm doing (plus i hate reading instructions)

guess i'll just have to wait for more to come out :)

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!