valley of dying things

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: valley of dying things
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #0
Ok. I've searched everywhere in the School of Magery (except for where the green blobs are that multiply). I can't get past the places that have magical barriers (both types: the big fuzzy ones and the bright green ones). I've freed the dragon, killed every goblin in sight, killed the dog. Now what's left, is the room with the Queen platebug and her vicious little brats that keep multiplying. If I concentrate on killing her, then her brats eat my whole team up. If I concentrate on them, she breeds more of them! It never stops! I have the papers on the place from Pangle, but they aren't doing me any good yet cause I can't get past the bugs. Argh. Ok, all 4 of my people can do magic, some are stronger than others. My skill levels are pretty high (can't tell you what they are off the top of my head) so there shouldn't be a problem. However, I keep getting eaten. Somebody help, please :)

--------------------
Visit my site!
www.freewebs.com/helaine/
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Try casting War Blessing on your characters to make them more competent in combat and Haste so they can kill the Platebug Queen faster. Use up some potions, scrolls and wands if you have to.

As for the barriers, the "fuzzy" ones are dispelled by Piercing Crystals and the green ones are dispelled by something you'll find later.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 3813
Profile Homepage #2
The bugs are a little tough - but you have to get past them to get access to that part of the adventure granting access past the barriers.

The only way I could get past the bugs was to cast Haste and Enduring Barrier on a fighter and have him wail on the queen bug. War Blessing should also help.

I kept the rest of the characters in the hallway picking of the bugs that were going after my fighter nailing the queen bug. A cleric is also needed to cast healing spells on the fighter.
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #3
Ok, I have a person who can do haste and war blessing. All 4 characters can do healing spells. This shouldn't be a problem:) I guess it's one of those keep trying till you get it type things. Ok, thanks guys for your help :)

--------------------
Visit my site!
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #4
Goodness sakes I thought the bugs were bad! I finally killed the queen and finished off her creatures. Then...the ghouls and the spirit. All it takes is for the spirit to cast one spell of ice lances on all 4 of my people, and there's no hope!

--------------------
Visit my site!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
Kill the Spirit before it has the chance, then. If necessary, only heal your best fighter, and put him out in front, so that the ghouls jump him instead.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #6
Instead of having all of your people do magic, it is usually better to have them all have some degree of priest-power. Then you don't need to worry about armour encumberances.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
This double post was the server's fault.

[ Tuesday, June 08, 2004 00:24: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
All of them apparently can heal, so they do have priest spells. An all-spellcaster party strikes me as a pretty difficult strategy, but oh well.

Can they also cast Repel Spirit? A few castings of Repel Spirit should take out just about any group of undead, and if you haste your party before the fight starts and/or go in in combat mode then your opponents shouldn't even get a chance to act.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #9
Only one can do Repel Spirit at the moment. It works on these spirits, but she doesn't have a high enough skill level to use it on the demons in the room where all the toxins are.

I have another question. My mage and my priest can both cast Call Beast. My priest can cast Summon Shadow. But whenever I call a beast or summon the shadow, all they do is stand there, they don't actually fight. I don't understand.

--------------------
Visit my site!
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #10
I thought an effective 4 character party (for VoDT) was a stock archer with all 8 free skill points assigned to priest spells, human (for fast leveling up), and nimble fingers (doubles your tool use stats). The other three are human custom characters with natural mage (so they can wear armor). Give them all 5 levels of mage spells, 2 levels of priest spells, add a couple levels of intelligence and luck, put the rest of the points in hardiness and defense.

Right from the start all your characters can cast heal, cure and war blessing. The magic users can each cast ice lances on 3 opponents. As you level up add luck to the archer and another level of priest spells to the mages so they can learn repel spirit, which comes in handy for targeting multiple undead instead of relying on the single shot fireball spell. Boost defense and hardiness for everyone. Eventually steal the fine waveblade from the Vahnatai. (They won't mind) The waveblade comes in very handy if you want to fight the demon, and also against altered beasts, whcih you have to fight. So pump up melee skill for the archer as you go along.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Apprentice
Member # 4472
Profile #11
My party currently consists of: one warrior, one natural priest, one natural mage, and the other guy who's non-human(he's some type of lizard). All 4 can at least cast healing. The warrior can cast smite and light. The lizard can cast a fire ball. The priest can cure, call beast, smite, war blessing, terror, repel spirit, summon shadow, fire ball, and light. The mage can cast fire ball, light, call beast, acid, haste, slow, ice lances. I have a couple of potions as well: healing, haste, strength, and energy. And at the moment, no body is trainable. I can't up anyone's skill points right now.

--------------------
Visit my site!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #12
My party is:

Slith polearm user/priest/thrower
Nephil archer/melee fighter/thief
Human mage/priest
Human mage/alchemist/minor priest