Za-Khazi Run: Giant's Cavern & Dark Maze

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Za-Khazi Run: Giant's Cavern & Dark Maze
Apprentice
Member # 3813
Profile Homepage #0
Alright - either my Irish roots are betraying me with the loss of luck or my party is weaker than a group of laid off I.T. tech salesamen or this adveture is damn hard.

What have folks done to get past the Giants in the Giant's Cavern or the snakes? I can't get past either. The Giants and Snakes tend to decimate my party after two of my PCs have acted. I've played each battle 5 - 6 times and the result is always the same. I can't even get a spell off (damn mage is smart but slooooow;-).

Any suggestions? Do these battles have to be fought to continue the scenario? Am I leading a troupe of whimps to certain death here?

Thanks!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #1
What levels are your characters? If you're having trouble you may want to find some way to raise them up a little before you try Za-Khazi.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
I assume the battle you're having trouble with in the Giant Cave is the large room with the chief? I'd strongly recommend hasting your PCs before starting the battle, for one thing. Then focus on killing the shamans first, as they'll mess you up if you give them half a chance.

As for the worms, they're pretty nasty. Blessing may help.

[ Saturday, April 24, 2004 17:11: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 3813
Profile Homepage #3
My characters are:

18th level Soldier
18th level Archer
19th level Rogue
18th level Priest/Wizard

The Giant battle is the one on the bridge. I've tried hasting and potions just prior to the battle, but the effects don't seem to be present once the battle starts (there are no icons indicating the effects).

The issue is my Priest/Wizard is buried beneath a ton of boulders before he can even get a spell off - and the other three characters are also either dead or at zero hit points before the first round is over.

I tried increasing their HPs with the Character Editor - though I hate doing that (may as well not finish the scenario at that point;-), but the Editor doesn't seem to have the ability to modify just hit points.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Oh, the bridge battle. Well, firstly, I'm assuming you cast Enduring Barrier on all your PCs (you DID either start with EB or learn it in ASR, right?). If that doesn't help, it'd probably be easier to try to run away than to fight -- apparently, if you run, they won't bother you again.

I've used hasting potions just before outdoor fights in the past; the effects carry over into the battle for me, provided I start combat immediately (within one or two moves of drinking the potion).

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 3813
Profile Homepage #5
Thuryl;

Well ... three more attempts later and haste potions all around did the trick! I must have made too many moves in the past when casting spells and drinking potions before entering combat.

Thanks!