Za-Khazi (overpowered creatures)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Za-Khazi (overpowered creatures)
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #25
Im halfway through Za-Kazi now, I beat that Haakai easy, and the Dark Wryms in BOA are pityful compared to the ones in Avernum 3, completly killed the senario I was planning to be about them (unless you can still get Darkness breath) :(
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #26
I'm giving them all cr_special_abil = 33, which is "breathes darkness," for my scenario. It should make them a bit more like they were in A3.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4806
Profile #27
I might try out that Repel Spirit idea. I always give all my characters as least one level of priest and mage spells to start out with. Now with slings the magery's a little less useful, but it still comes in handy enough to warrant the points it costs. I even went to far as to give my starting priest enough points to start with max free priest spells and spent the rest on mage ability, and vice versa for my mage. Intelligence I focused on later. This gives you great versatility and a truckload of mana to work with, especially when your priest knows Ice Lances.

I started the scenerio at about level 21 on normal difficulty, and had by far the most trouble with the Haakai. The shroomies and faeries are damn tough as well. And what DO you get for beating the faeries? I had to restart once for the giant bridge because I forgot to target the mages with my archer and warrior, but after I did that it wasn't too hard, and my warrior with a blessed sling, fast on feet, and quick strike made fast work of them.
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I'm giving them all cr_special_abil = 33, which is "breathes darkness," for my scenario. It should make them a bit more like they were in A3.
Man you just made my day :)
I just killed Morog and Koth, Morog was easy and Koth was to hard, killed 1 of my fighters when I forgot to drink a invulnerablity potion before going melee with him :P
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00

Pages