Screen Freeze Problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Screen Freeze Problem
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #0
Blades of Avernum has a very annoying bug/software incompatability I am having no luck tracking down. Sometimes, the screen freezes. The graphics won't update anymore, shoudl you can still command-s and command-q to save and quit.

Hitting shift-R will correct the problem, but this is a crude workaround. I would like to rack down the problem.

If you are having the problem and would like to help me fix it, contect me at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com. I can make up new versions of BoA for you to see if they fix the problem.

Also, if you could tell me what is going on on the screen when the freeze happens, it would be a big help. I beleive the problem has to do with dialog boxes closing, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #1
When i played BoA the first time, I found generally, that moving outdoors is often slowed down, like a delay. In Seleucia sewers I had once a really big delay: about two seconds between give a command and reaction of PC. And I gave already more storage to the program ...
Another (maybe) bug: in DwtD I cannot heal the griffon by typing nr. 5 or 6. Mass healing works. Is the griffon not enabled to react on direct commands?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
The griffon is not a member of your party- notice how it doesn't EXACTLY follow you around, but rather loosely follows you? It follows you via creature script, not via being in your party.

That said, I haven't had any problems of this sort.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #3
What about Betty in DwtD or the archer in VoDT? The are not member in my party, but I can e.g. heal or hast them by typing 5. My griffon died, because I couldn't heal him in battle. Has he another script than Betty?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
If you can haste/heal them with number 5, then they are members of your party.

The Griffon, no matter how it may appear, is not.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00