would you want this?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: would you want this?
Warrior
Member # 2711
Profile #0
some sort of meeting point, where you could battle other player's parties to test you 1337 skillz, parties would be classified by their skill total per char. so a party with 800 skill total p/c would obviously be haxxored maybe you could stake equipment or somethng?

or if spidweb doesnt want to have a server running just for that, maybe on the site you can submit your party then you can battle them from the site.
This poll has been moved to another forum.
Posts: 126 | Registered: Wednesday, February 26 2003 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Can't be done in the form in which you describe it (party vs. party), but the BoA Arena (once up and running) will provide a similar BoA-based competition between players.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 4158
Profile Homepage #2
A Blades of Avernum Arena? Explain.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
You get a certain number of points with which to design monsters, and then your monsters are pitted against the creations of others. There's an accompanying RP, but that's the relevant bit.

—Alorael, who doesn't even want to try to wrap his mind around the complexities of the point system with equipment and AI thrown in.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
Oh, it will be very, very fun. Imby and I are planning it out. Or we should be.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3813
Profile Homepage #5
I like the idea of party-level competition. How about an adventure with points? My thinking isn't a story-based adventure but an activity or challenge-based adventure that tested combat, spell casting, and problem solving.

Points are awarded for successfully completing the challenge or problem, but a solution that deviated from the obvious (say killing evertyhing in your pass) would grant additional points.

For example: a scene with your low- to mid-level party facing off against five or six altered beasts. If they're slain you get the experience points, but if you find a way around the beasts without combat using spells you don't get the experience but rather points for an alternative solution?

Not as exciting as head to head gladiator combat (there's a reason the NFL wasn't invented by the Romans;-) but perhaps a different test of a player's ability to solve problems?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Many scenarios will give you choices in how you solve your problems. BoA hack 'n slash really isn't so much fun that a few more devious puzzles don't help things along.

—Alorael, who is sure that the time-honored BoE tradition of having a hall of fame for those who can solve the hardest quests, find the most hiden things, and finish the scenario first will be continued. Recognition is always a good thing.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00