The Don't Fix The Shark Competition!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Don't Fix The Shark Competition!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #25
Erika? No. It sounds more like something somebody like Rentar-Ihrno or some other Empire-hating manic would. Well, that almost fits the description of Erika, but, judging her spoken evidence in Avernum 3, she wants the Avernites to be able to return to the surface.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Apprentice
Member # 801
Profile #26
I think Erika's crazier than that. It was her idea to assassinate Hawthorne, and in hindsight it must have been pretty obvious that that move wouldn't exactly benefit Avernum. IIRC (but I probably don't) that wasn't her first or only plan for revenge. Perhaps her original plan of killing every single living thing on the surface was foiled by the Empire's adventurers, so she fell back on less ambitious plan B, teleporting some patsies into the castle of the ruler of the world and killing him.
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #27
Erika wasn't crazy so much as she was arrogant. With Erika it was all personal. She didn't see things on a general level - the fact that the Empire had sent tens of thousands of people to the misery of Exile/Avernum was of little importance to her. What was of prime importance to Erika was the fact that the Emperor had dared to exile her. Her revenge was directed at him in A1 and at Garzahd in A2 for similar reasons. Even the ending of A3 was personal for Erika, she saw it as her chance to prove she was the better mage. She didn't take lesser mortals into account - either in terms of the suffering of the Avernites or in selecting the ordinary people of the Empire as targets for her vengeance.

EDIT: silly spelling error. BTW, I liked Erika, she was an interesting character.

[ Sunday, March 28, 2004 16:41: Message edited by: Kyna ]

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #28
To get this back on track...

The contest is now official, with a copy of BoA (or other Spiderweb game) as a prize for the winner. For more details on entering, see the thread in the BoE forum.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom

Pages