New char types

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: New char types
Warrior
Member # 4034
Profile #0
In BoA will there be new char types... like a druid!!!
I'd like to be a druid...with the abillity to morph into like a dragon or bunny or moose or chicken or Emu etc... :)

--------------------
"When one thinks to him or herself about who they really are, They usually come out of it empty handed for the question be -not who am i-, but -what have i acheived?-"

Experimental forum
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
As stated a million times before, no. Character "classes" (I don't feel right even using quotations) are being removed. They don't work. Please close this before it gets out of hand... again.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #2
Any chance of a FAQ thing at the top of the forum? It'd really help cut down on the chaff posts.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: Never Proved to Be a Contributory Factor to Stomach Cancer
Warrior
Member # 4034
Profile #3
Sry I'm still finding my way around this site.

--------------------
"When one thinks to him or herself about who they really are, They usually come out of it empty handed for the question be -not who am i-, but -what have i acheived?-"

Experimental forum
Warrior
Member # 4034
Profile #4
SO what does blades of avernum have that avernum 3 doesnt...besides a scenario editor. I think new races and classes would be a major + to the games
*just my opinion*

--------------------

Experimental forum
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Blades of Avernum is A3 with a scenario editor and a few changed spells. That's the point. That's all it is, although with scripts and work that can be a whole lot. New races would not add that much, and they would require many more graphics. New classes would add nothing, as almost everyone uses custom characters anyway.

—Alorael, who would not want BoA stripped of its Avernite engine roots. Avernum isn't cluttered with races and classes, and it's best that way.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Avernum isn't cluttered with races and classes, and it's best that way.
Yeah. Classes can be fun in a lot of situations, but they're extremely restricting in most cases. Given the Avernum engine and it's skill and spell system, there would be nothing to gain from any sort of class based system.
Class based systems might bestow really awesome abilities or features onto a single class, but the fact is that the best features are almost always exclusive. So while "Draconic Transformation" may be a yes for say... the elite class of Dracomancer, it's banned and there for a no to the other nineteen or whatever classes. One yes to nineteen nos is a deficit of eighteen closed doors. Avernum isn't about closed doors.

That said however, it would have been nice to see some transformative script capable of being applied to PCs. The possibilities where that could easily add dramatic or comical effects are endless. Maybe someday if Jeff ever decides to jump on the whole “expansion” bandwagon…

---Your metamorphic maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #7
Or you could wait just until July and use Pygmalion.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.