The BoA Arena

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The BoA Arena
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #0
quote:
The BoE Arena was a game in which designers would have a certain number of points which they could spend according to a set of rules. These rules determined how points could be spent on monsters, with certain stats/abilities costing certain points. Designers would each be able to make 6 monsters. Then, all of the monsters were shuffled into brackets where they would fight each other to determine which of them scored the highest. The fights would take place in a 7x7 room. (Each monster would fight every other monster 6 times; a victory against any monster would give that monster the number of "points" equal to the number of wins the other monster had, plus one.) The bracket winners were the monsters that had the most wins and would automatically place in the finals. Other than bracket winners, finalists would be selected from those monsters who scored the highest. After the finalists were selected, then they would play matches tournament-style, double-elimination, to determine who the winner was.
And now it's back; this time for BoA. Check it out at http://forum.nethergate.net/index.php?showforum=30 All comers welcome. No design experience necessary.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Tales From the Tabard Inn: Now if only there was a 3600 Hour Contest.....
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
Questions, sorry if I ask something stupid:
  • Why is the ability for radiating a cloud of blades not listed?
  • Can a creature have points in special abilities such as riposte or quickstrike?

--------------------
Drew - "Coincidence, correlation, or causation, I wonder?"
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #2
-Yes. And there is no penalty. See SV.
-It's left out because CoB in general is broken.
-Quick strike is left out because dext already determines initiative, and bonus AP can already be purchased. QS would be redundant. SS, BM, Magery, Parry, LB, etc are also redundant and also left out. Riposte is trash, so we're doing everybody a favor and leaving it out, unless a legitimate argument for its inclusion comes up.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 27
Profile #3
Some special abilities like fire touch and ice touch are not listed. Also, I'm a little confused about the 'free points based on levels.'

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Kill Them Dead - Rate it now at CSR!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #4
This has been fixed.

And I'll refer you to TM on the level question, since it's his construct. Ask over at SV. (Rule discussions should be going on there anyhow, since TM authored the thing and he can't post here.)

[ Sunday, February 17, 2008 16:38: Message edited by: Lazarus. ]

--------------------