River and Leaf Graphics for MAC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: River and Leaf Graphics for MAC
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #0
The River and leaf Graphics are missing. When I start the scenario it shows a warning about the graphic not being able to load properly. Can someone tell me what I can do to fix this problem?

--------------------
I am a related to a witch who was burned in the Salem Witch Trials. I study magic,witchcraft and other paranormal stuff. I love BOA and Avernum 3, Sims 2 and Nancy Drew! Feel free to rate my karma.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #1
The original port was done for Windows, someone else made the Mac translation. Are you on Windows or Mac? Currently the Mac graphics, cmg files, cannot even exist on a Windows machine!?
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #2
The first thing to look for is whether there is a file with a name ending in .cmg located in the scenario's folder. If not, that's the problem. If there is, then it's probably an individual sheet (or possibly the whole file) that's been corrupted.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #3
When I encounter problems like this I use ResEdit to convert the Windows .bmp files to a .cmg file. It's easy to do if you know how to reset the scripts for the Mac graphics.

--------------------
set_name(1,"Excalibur");
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #4
1. I'm on a MAC.
2. I must be really stupid because I don't know how to fix it with ResEdit and I know I downloaded the right version.

--------------------
I am a related to a witch who was burned in the Salem Witch Trials. I study magic,witchcraft and other paranormal stuff. I love BOA and Avernum 3, Sims 2 and Nancy Drew! Feel free to rate my karma.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #5
Here's one way you can fix things, assuming you're running Mac OS 10.3 or higher:
1. Download Graphic Adjuster
(It's easier to use for simple tasks than ResEdit)
2. Download the windows version of River and Leaf
3. Open Graphic Adjuster and do File > New, then File > Import Sheets...
4. In the dialog that appears, navigate to the folder for your fresh Windows copy of the scenario, then click 'Choose'.
5. All of the graphics for the sceanrio should appear in Graphic Adjuster. Choose File > Save As... and save the file as 'riveleaf.cmg' in the folder with the scenario. You're done.

quote:
It's easy to do if you know how to reset the scripts for the Mac graphics.
Excalibur, what on earth are you talking about?

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #6
The only good thing about the BoA graphics situation is that the scenario data script never mentions the type of graphic (bmp or cmg). Hence it can be the same for both Mac and Windows. As I am on a Windows machine I can't even look at the problem affecting River and Leaf.

Perhaps we should ask Jeff to make a quick patch for the Mac version so that it will accept either cmg or bmp, whichever is available. (If both are available it can give priority to bmp.)

In the latest version of River and Leaf there are 57 graphics sheets, I really went to town.
Warrior
Member # 7125
Profile #7
It worked! Thank You!

[ Friday, January 25, 2008 03:25: Message edited by: ginger8445 ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Excalibur, what on earth are you talking about?

I've sometimes encountered scripts stating te_which_sheet = 903; and whatnot, so I have to adjust that in the scripts to an acceptable range in accordance to the graphics file for it to function properly.

--------------------
set_name(1,"Excalibur");
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #9
Unless the graphic does not exist at all, don't just change the number because it's not in some 'proper' range. After all, the object definition may be referencing one of the game's built-in sheets instead of one in the graphics file. In addition, there's no reason that there can't be a sheet 903, for instance, in the graphics file. In short, if something is outright wrong, contact the scenario designer to let them know to fix it, but many cases are not wrong and shouldn't be tampered with.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"