Making a Party (Unknown information?)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Making a Party (Unknown information?)
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #0
Custom characters have less skill points than the other classes. I haven't gone through each and every class but this applies to at least the Soldier and the Hedge Wizard (who trumps the Custom by 10+ skill points). It's disappointing that you can't remove their skills to get a higher point Custom character, but some like the Hedge Wizard, are much better for making magic users than the Custom class.

I've never seen this posted anywhere, so I just thought I'd share my small find.

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Look out, there's a three-headed monkey behind you!
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #1
I have seen some people comment before on the unfairness toward Customs, but I hadn't before heard anyone identify any of the predefined bases as being particularly good for anything. I know I always just made all my characters from Custom before, but i guess the next time I'll take a bit closer look.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Hedge Wizards and Berserkers are decent, but the trouble with Hedge Wizards is that you don't get quite enough skill points to start with 5 points in either Mage Spells or Priest Spells, which means that some of the best starting spells are inaccessible.

[ Thursday, September 27, 2007 18:09: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Someone once remarked over in Avernum Trilogy that Hedge Wizard was the best of the pregenerated characters. Still having all those spells at the start more than makes up for the loss of skill points. There are less wasted skill points for the beginning when you need certain skills more than others.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #4
I personally think it depends on your playing style. Whenever I make an all caster I like to equip them with an assortment of side skills like alchemy.

Soldiers are another great starting class.

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Look out, there's a three-headed monkey behind you!