BOA Promotional CD Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BOA Promotional CD Question
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #0
While waiting for my Nethergate: Res. key to come via e-mail, I thought I'd try the BOA game as I'm supposed to get the 15 dollar promotional CD shipped along with it (even though the website said "no shipping needed"(!).

Will the code that comes with the CD match the key-----meaning, can I download BOA now and will the key code that ships to me with the CD work with it?

Sorry if this question makes no sense. I suppose I could just keep my save games somewhere if it doesn't work.

And if this really seems to make no sense, well, I ordered the games last night and don't know what to expect yet in my "order processed" receipt. So maybe I'll get a BOA key in there as well...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
You can definitely start now. I don't remember exactly how it works — I think the CD has no registration stuff associated with it at all, so you just install the full version — but whatever it is, you can play the demo and you won't lose anything.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #2
Thanks Kelandon, so if the CD is the full version then I'll just reinstall that and just use my saved games from whatever directory?

I like how the Spiderweb games don't save in some sub folder buried under Program Files. I'm saving mine in My Documents / Game Name Save Folder.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Ming:

Thanks Kelandon, so if the CD is the full version then I'll just reinstall that and just use my saved games from whatever directory?
Yeah.

When you switch folders around, BoA occasionally — very occasionally — thinks that it can't find the scenario that your save game is from, which ruins your save, but I don't think that should be a problem if you're going from the demo to the full version.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
It won't wreck the save file if you're on Windows (I'm not sure about Mac). You can apply a trick that'll load your party outside of the scenario. Simply bring up the character editor and try to load the party. You should get an error and it'll kick you back out of the character editor. However, your party should still be in the game's memory, and you'll be able to enter another scenario. Save once you enter another scenario, and the problem's fixed.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #5
Thanks for the tips! I got my Nethergate: Res code this afternoon (no holiday for Spiderweb!) I'm pretty absorbed with the game right now so maybe I'll just hold out for the CD. Either way looks like I have some ways to try the saves thanks to your help if I get the urge to play Blades before the CD arrives.
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #6
Got my CD today and no registration code. Just uninstalled my demo 'cause I wasn't very far into it, still playing Nethergate. I use a lot of different machines and upgrade frequently, so I'll be ordering my Spiderweb games on CD from here on out. Worth the 4 bucks -- actually it should be much cheaper if you consider the trilogies and what you save on those, and of course the Geneforge and BOA promotional CDs could also be considered to actually be 11 bucks each...

Thinking of getting Avernum 4 CD and the Geneforge promotional CD next. Now if I can only find the time to play these games as much as I want to...

[ Thursday, September 06, 2007 18:57: Message edited by: Ming ]