Beta Call: Express Delivery

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Beta Call: Express Delivery
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
My last-minute entry for the 1/10 contest is nearing completion. The only town is completely finished and alpha-tested, one of two dungeons is almost done, one isn't yet started. However, the town and outdoors are ready for beta and the rest will likely be ready tomorrow.

So:

What do you have to check/report?

Technical:
- Language errors in dialogue/text
- Design bugs (blackness visible through holes in cave wall, get stuck in tree when leaving town, etc.)
- Scripting errors (unexpected results or actual error messages)
- Anything else that seems odd
- Is it finishable?

Quality:
- Paradox/Far-fetched bits and holes in the plot (yes. I probably won't have time to change it, but I'd still like to know).
- Improvements to gameplay (difficulty adjustment, treasure adjustment)

What do you get to do the job?

- The scenario file with all scripts and graphics (reasonably well commented, in case you can read scripts yourself). Debug mode is still activated in LOAD_SCEN_STATE, press }= to switch it on.
- A text file with all the SDF flags listed with meaning (you can set them with Shift-F in debug mode).

What's in it for you?

- Special mention in the credits for all testers.
- Depending on demand (and performance), assorted favors such as hosting/email at the Ermarian Network. Or something like that.
- When I finally take over the world, you can say you tested my first BoA scenario and everyone will bow to you and want to serve you.

---

At this point, my standards are non-existant. No prior references/experience required; this is my first time as well. :P Just tell me your email address and you'll get the login/pass to download the thing (I don't like to mess around with big attachments).

Edit: Thanks for the hint. Of course, please also name your operating system. I myself am on Windows and also have no way to provide the graphics for Mac if these need to be something other than .bmp. If someone can convert them for me, I'd be very grateful.

[ Wednesday, April 11, 2007 14:55: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
I'm always happy to help (As long as it isn't so long that it interferes with my schoolwork).

Windows 2000 XP
JetGuitarist89@aol.com
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #2
Name: Tyranicus
Email: tyranicus@gmail.com
OS: Mac OS 10.4.9 Intel/Windows XP Pro SP2/Windows Vista Ultimate (I'll be quite happy to convert the graphics for you)
Experience: WtRM, Exodus, EoR, Settlers, Stairway, KPWO, SoG, WH

[ Wednesday, April 11, 2007 18:03: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 5012
Profile #3
Email: peaguyslostbrother(at)yahoo.com.au
Experience: Embers of Rebellion, Twilight Valley, Echoes: Rebellion

--------------------
My username?

It's a long story.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Wednesday, September 22 2004 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
I'll send it out later today (say, 8 hours from now). I'd have done it right now, but I just got an urgent dentist appointment.

Remember that this beta test is as open as it gets. From now until about half an hour before the contest deadline, if you sign up, you're in. I'll be working on it post-submission, too, but probably not for another two months - other deadlines coming up.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.