Graphics Discussion

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Graphics Discussion
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #0
So. I created a new graphic, I suppose.

IMAGE(http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8496/g501sr6.png)

But what I wanted to talk about was the way I made it. I drew the picture beforehand on an actual piece of paper, and then scanned it to my computer. I was planning to edit and ink what I drew, but the transfer from scan photo to BoA-compliant graphic sheet seems to cause a loss of quality. (Instead I just modeled my graphic after my picture).

I strongly suspect that if I could get this down, I could produce graphics of some actual quality. I know that the smaller I draw, the less shrinking I have to do and the closer the correspondence between the two pictures. Does anyone else have any tips? Has anyone else even tried this? Does anyone know a better way?

If you want to try this, I suggest you make sure that you're not drawing at a slant, as that means you'll have to edit it out, always a hassle.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
That's a very good idea, you know. I always just sat at my computer and hoped for the best. The result isn't exactly perfect *cough* I'll be sure to try this method once I need some graphics that nobody but me will be able to draw right (for multiple reasons).

That graphic looks fine, by the way, but I think that the attackings ones might be a little static, if you understand what I mean. Except for the arm, there is not much motion.

The Daeth garphics look nice, but I wondered if it wouldn't be weird to see the monster kneel and then instantly disappear. Other than that, good work.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #2
I suggest you learn to draw similar structures pixel by pixel. Essentially, it's the same thing as drawing on paper, just on a different scale. It's hard at first, but after a little practice it gets much easier and the results look cleaner than something scanned and resized. Shading is where it starts to get much harder.

The easiest way to learn is by doing, and something I learned is that it's easier to copy something than to create. Go to google images and type in the subject of your graphic. Find a good image and try to copy it as best you can in BoA scale. Eventually, you'll learn how to create believable graphics from scratch.

For instance, I used an image like this to help me craft...
...this.

EDIT:
Shameless plug: My first floor graphics, huzzah!

[ Saturday, April 07, 2007 13:17: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]