Exodus - Great!! ... but I have some frustrations

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exodus - Great!! ... but I have some frustrations
Apprentice
Member # 6671
Profile #0
I have finished Bahssikava and started Exodus. I am liking it a lot, but I have a few frustrations:

1. After leaving Vasskolis, I went down the western waterfalls and was never able to get to Neoss to get the quest or rewards there (Filth 1/2, Inferno 1/2). From the walkthru, it seems that I should have taken the eastern waterfalls.

2. After dealing with the frost lizards, Nakhtha and the Black Land, I approached Thassaka. I saw the bandit island to the east and went in and killed the archmage (and got Sleep and Somnekh's bracelet). Then I entered Thassaka and got the bandit Island quest from Khalthanas (and reported back to Pithoss, etal) - but Khalthanas will not recognize that I already killed the archmage (no reward and the quest still appears active).

3. I cleared out the bandit lair with help from Khalthanas' guys. The walkthru says the reward is Major Healing 1/2. I have seen no sign of it.

I am ready to head to the Lava Ocean, but I would welcome any comments on how I might improve any of the above. Thanks.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
1. Nothing you can do about this. You've already passed it.

2. (EDIT: Ah, I see the problem. I'll upload a fix, but what you have to do is manually set the SDF. Using the character editor, set the flag (13,2) to the value 2. That is, with the advanced features, enter 13 2 2 when you change an SDF. Be sure to back up your file when you do this.)

3. I have to check this, but if I remember correctly, you don't get the reward if every one of your allies dies in the battle.

[ Monday, March 05, 2007 14:07: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6671
Profile #2
Thanks for the very quick and complete response.

2. I tried your suggestion but it did not work. In the character editor I loaded a saved game and clicked on "advanced features".
Then I clicked on "Set Stuff Done Flag" and in the window I entered:

13 2 2

I had to enter it three times before the window went away. then I saved the changes and tried the new file. There was no difference - Khalthanas still did not recognize that I had done anything. Did I do this properly?

3. I had just one ally left - he just gave me some gold

Thanks again for your help
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Archie Goodwin:

2. I tried your suggestion but it did not work. In the character editor I loaded a saved game and clicked on "advanced features".
Then I clicked on "Set Stuff Done Flag" and in the window I entered:

13 2 2

I had to enter it three times before the window went away.

Oh, here's your problem. You need to enter each number separately. When the window first pops up, enter 13, then hit Enter. Then, when the window pops up again, enter 2 and hit Enter. Then, when the window pops up for the third time, enter 2 and hit Enter.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6671
Profile #4
That worked fine. Thanks.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Archie Goodwin:

I had just one ally left - he just gave me some gold
Aha — that's why. In retrospect, this was probably a dumb idea, and I'll change it for a new version (coming soon!).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #6
I was toying with the idea of creating a new topic for this for a while, but decided that I might as well post this in a thread already about my subject.

Because I love all your scenarios Kel, I just had to give Exodus another go. As it happens, when leaving Nakhtha to the north, my boat gets automatically placed on a rock. From this rock there is but one place to go, right back into Nakhtha, this time walking on water, and from there, the only place to go is back to my boat, still on the rock.

It's not as if it impacts the scenario anyway. Once you get to Nakhtha the only place to really go is west or south. But for the sake of aesthetics, it would be nice if this were fixed.

It's none too hard to fix this with the editor, just removing the rock is pretty easy. If you find the time to, Kel, I'd appreciate it greatly if you could fix this officially.

[ Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:38: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????