MMO?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: MMO?
Apprentice
Member # 7852
Profile Homepage #0
I've played loads of good MMOs and MUDs, but has anyone else considered a multi-player version of Blades of Avernum?

The MMO will need a server (or, as time goes, many servers) which is in continuous data transfer with the players, and as the game is turn-based this can be timed easily... or am I mistaken?

What language is Avernum programmed in? I might be able to help with this project...

--------------------
--jftsang
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
Suggested before, suggested again, rejected before, rejected again.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #2
This seems like a common first post for people...

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
Somehow, I'm finding our young Dylan more amusing than plenty of people twice his years.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #4
By jftsang:
quote:
What language is Avernum programmed in? I might be able to help with this project...
Jeff Vogel programs in C++. JV also stated that he will not make an 'Avernum Online', and I highly doubt that he'd help out or let people use his source code. So unless you want to rewrite Avernum from the ground-up and risk copyright infringement, I suggest you use your programming skills on something completely original.

--------------------
Indian people live in the hottest climate and we're covered in hair. Who came up with that? Is this supposed to be a joke?
- Russell Peters