Statue for khoth

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Statue for khoth
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #0
I'm in the wyrm cave in za-kazie-run. I got that statue and I think that is a khoth item but I can't leave the cave because, as usual script holds me back. How do I leave.

Now after a while, whisps start appearing

[ Friday, September 15, 2006 07:17: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

--------------------
Don't be a noob, PLAY RUNESCAPE
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Now, I think I know what you're talking about, and I'm not sure if it's a Khoth item. But head for the SW corner of the cave, and look for a pool of water. Drink from it, then run straight to the SE corner of the map, and headbang until you find a secret passage that leads to a bunch of skulls on poles. Walk through there, and you're out.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
It took me a long time to get out of there too. Here is how you do it...

First, if you have the Ritual of Sanctification, go back to the altar and use the ritual there. It will prevent the curse from affecting you for the rest of the scenario.

Now, go to the southeast corner of the pit and locate the totems at what appears to be a dead-end. It's a secret passage, but you can't use it yet.

Next, Go to the southwest corner and locate the pool. It is located behind a secret door just west of the southwest exit.

Now, look at your automap and figure out the fastest route from this pool to the southeast passage with the totems.

Once you've figured that out, drink the water in the pool. Then run for that southeast passage. If you get there fast enough, you can walk past the totems and through the secret door.

By the way, the only use for that statue is to turn it in at the fort for coins, if you get there in time.

You need either the Melora Opal from the Empire fort somewhere south of Morog's Fortress, the Dragon Scrolls from Morog, or the Purity Crystal from the Crystal Soul, who's name and location currently eludes me. Only these three items, or just killing the dragon, will get you by Khoth.

[ Friday, September 15, 2006 08:33: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #3
Where do you get ritual of sact.?

Edit: what do you mean by curse you the rest of the game?

[ Friday, September 15, 2006 07:57: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
The Ritual of Sanctification can be found in that slith town where you had to buy passage. It is in a book somewhere, but you need to either fight the town or find the secret passage near the entrance to get it.

If you don't break the curse on the altar, you will get hit with some nasty statuses periodically, untill you break the curse or return the idol.

EDIT: I fixed the previous post. You don't get cursed for the rest of the game, just the rest of the scenario.

[ Friday, September 15, 2006 08:33: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 6762
Profile #5
after you kill khoth, can you get khoth's "knowlede"? {the rooms with runes in front of them that bake you and push you back?}

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
As one of my parties learned the hard way, no. There's nothing back there anyway. Feel free to try, but I hold no liability for toasted parties.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7372
Profile #7
One of the runes is "cracked" and will let you through. You learn a spell (assuming you have high enough stats).
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #8
Oops, I thought you were referring to that massive room with the runes that pretty much kill you.

Also, somewhere on the south wall of Khoth's chamber is a secret door, which will allow you into another one of his libraries.

--------------------