Nephil archery bonus: missle and thrown?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Nephil archery bonus: missle and thrown?
Apprentice
Member # 7469
Profile #0
Does the Nephil archery bonus work with both the Missile and Thrown weapon groups? And what exact bonus does being a cat person give you, anyhow?
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #1
I believe it only works with missile weapons. Felines are more dextrous than humans - ever seen one slink through a fence before?

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7469
Profile #2
Highly dexterous, yes. But thrown weapons (javelins, slings) works off just Dex, like bows and crossbows do. Also, the Sharpshooter special skill works with both missle and thrown... so I figured the cats might work the same way.
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #3
But Nephilim are expert archers, not expert javelin-hurlers. While the dexterity bonus will make your thrown weapons do better, Nephilim are not naturally better at thrown weapons aside from that dex bonus.

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7469
Profile #4
Hrmmm... you're likely right. Ah well, my Nephil slinger is doing enough damage, anyhow!

Now to take your wisdome once more: Do you know if Quickdraw or Acrobatics would be of any use to an archer?
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #5
Archers should usually have the Fast on Feet trait, which means points in quick strike are basically useless. You'll find plenty of AP items too, so you should be getting an average of 2 hits per round anyway.

Acrobatics are useful if your Archer is in the thick of melee. Usually this is not the case. Just keep upgrading that damage.

My archers are usually tool use/archery or priest spells/slings. I like giving them the fast on feet and brittle bones traits.
Apprentice
Member # 7469
Profile #6
I did some testing:

1) Nephils only get the bonus with Archery, not Thrown. Though their dex bonus still makes a Neph slinger a powerful character.

2) Quick Strike does stack with Fast on Feet! With FoF and QS 10 I got between 4 and 6 AP per turn. When QS was increased to 12, I would get 7 AP some turns.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #7
I didn't think higher levels of quickstrike gave you more action points than one...

Are you sure you aren't wearing some AP boosting items?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #8
Quick Strike can give two action points, but the chance is extremely low. It probably isn't worth increasing the skill, just so that you reliably get a bonus 2 AP.

[ Wednesday, September 13, 2006 09:56: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #9
Reaching the "reliable" part would not be worth the cost at all.

I don't find the nephil advantage to be that great when you have a legendary bow and some sharpshooter skill, but at the dexterity bonus is lovely.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.