Frahhamn's slith graphics

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Frahhamn's slith graphics
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
Frahhamn's slith graphics from the Louvre appear blurred (with white spots) in-game. The e-mail given with the graphics doesn't appear to work. Does anyone know how to get ahold of him or feel inclined to erase the off-white spots?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
TerrorsMartyr: Tell Kel to use a painting program with the magic wand; the only off-white pixels are of one color only, so one use of the magic wand tool should get them all.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #2
in the same idea as the previous response, try a paint program that has masking or selecting capabilities (generally done with a magic wand, yes), and select to work with the white.
you just need to make sure all of the white is the right color (0,0,0 RGB). in concept, selecting allows you to just paint over the desired area without affecting anything not selected (brilliant, no?).

I've had the same problem with many of the Louvre's images.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin claims that his favorite medium of art is the paintball gun and human canvas.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
I tried to do what you're talking about and failed. I guess I'll try again.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #4
You don't even need a magic wand, at least Paint lets you do it with the dropper and Cut/Paste.
Or are you using a Mac, Kel?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
The demo of Graphic Converter works.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #6
Lenar...if you write that fic in your sig, update the story...if you know who writes it and can get hold of them, tell them to update it...if youve got nothing to do with it, disreguard this post :P

Also,Zizak-Tel's stories on the same site totally rock if you wanna find and read em

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #7
Arrna, as it happens, I'm the writer, yes, and I've been stuck on a certain rather important assassination for a long time at this point :) .
As it also happens, I've been through three drafts of said chapter, but have done several weeks' worth of work in the actul body of the story.
And as it happens, I am confident that I am on a draft that will be posted soon.

Kel, et al: Said white spots occur when the graphics get compressed to go online. So long as the entire white is the aforementioned pure white, the spots go away. So long as you don't paint over the actual slith, you can touch it up with a standard paint program.
I write this for the sake of revelvance and posterity.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has blown a hole through the fabric of reality in the bunker's bathroom.
Either that, or we finally found that place behind the dryer where all of our lost socks ended up.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.