Can you explain what the difference between LOAD_SCEN and START_SCEN states?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Can you explain what the difference between LOAD_SCEN and START_SCEN states?
Warrior
Member # 6682
Profile #0
I am somewhat confused about these two states in the scenario script. They are apparently both called once, at the very beginning ,although I am not too sure what the conceptual difference is between the two?

And apparently, unless you want to print a string right at the very beginning of the scenario you wouldn't use these states to put in calls that are executed at some time greater than zero.

[ Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:17: Message edited by: Lancer ]

--------------------
Lancer
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
You know how you load a saved game? That's when the LOAD_SCEN_STATE is called. It can be called many times (depending on how many times during the course of a scenario you reload).

The START_SCEN_STATE is called only once, when you start the scenario.

Also, one does not often use print_str in either of those places, although one probably could. Other calls go there. Check released scenarios to see which ones.

[ Sunday, June 11, 2006 12:20: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
The START_SCEN_STATE is what you use for any things that you only want to do at the start of the scenario. In general, the only things you want to put in the LOAD_SCEN_STATE are things which the documentation tells you to put there.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!