Wrong Line References

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Wrong Line References
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #0
As any scenario designer does, I make mistakes during scripting, although since I'm an amateur, possibly more than most. During testing, I would rely on the line references that appear in the text area along with the error message.

The only trouble with this is that most of the time they are wrong, giving values way higher than the total script length.

I use Crimson Editor (on recommendation from Spidweb.com) but not Alint - it doesn't seem to work on Windows.

--------------------
"Build a man a fire, and he´ll be warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life."
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #1
Line counts - BoA is probably counting both line feeds and carriage returns as it's counting lines. Try setting the line endings to Mac or Unix.

Alint - did you download the right thing? It should be http://home.sanbrunocable.com/~tommywatts03/page/alint.exe.zip
If you double-clicked the file, and something flickered briefly before vanishing, that's because you don't run alint like that. You have to run it from cmd.exe. The easiest way is probably to put alint into your scenario folder, run cmd.exe, type cd "\Path\To\Your\Scenario" then alint *.txt

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
And believe me, even if running things from the command line seems like a pain, it's worth it in order to use Alint. Debugging via BoA's internal compiler is excessively difficult.

If you want us to point you to the lines where the errors occur, you can post your entire script and mention the exact text of the error message.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #3
I wouldn't subject you to such a task, this script is 628 lines and counting. :P

Thanks for the advice on Alint - I always felt that there must have been an easier way of debugging than leaving and entering the town after even the smallest changes to the script.

EDIT: How do you change directory to the desktop? As far as I have experimented, it doesn't want to exit files.

[ Sunday, March 19, 2006 01:22: Message edited by: Pyrulen ]

--------------------
"Build a man a fire, and he´ll be warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he´ll be warm for the rest of his life."
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #4
I'm not sure, but I think the path to the desktop is "\Documents and Settings\All Users\You\Desktop".

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Warrior
Member # 6846
Profile #5
It seems to work now. As a test I put in an error on one line and it gives me two warnings, neither of which refer to the correct line, but are closer than the in-game error messages.

--------------------