Fences

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Fences
Warrior
Member # 4792
Profile #0
In one of my towns, I am relying on the use of fences heavily. Unlike walls, however, they don't fill in the gaps between the corners, so one can walk through them easily. I can think of three solutions to this problem, but they all seem difficult or time-consuming. I would like to know if I have missed anything that would do this easily.

1. Edit the BoA Editor code to recognize fences as walls (I am assuming it is hardwired into the source code to fill in the corner gaps for walls, as I can find no reference to this in the script).

2. Make the fence into a wall template.

3. Create custom terrain blocks to fill in the gaps at all corners.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem, I'd appreciate your suggestions.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by Venom:

1. Edit the BoA Editor code to recognize fences as walls (I am assuming it is hardwired into the source code to fill in the corner gaps for walls, as I can find no reference to this in the script).

The editor mimics BoA, so doing this won't help. It may make it look correct in the Editor, but it won't in BoA. You'll have to do something else.

[ Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:33: Message edited by: KernelKnowledge12 ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
If you're just worried about someone walking through them, you could create an invisible terrain that was blocked in the right directions. I don't have time to check this right now, but I'm prett sure it's possible.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #3
Place the fences thus:

FENCE1
E
N
C
E

Instead of:
xFENCE1
F
E
N
C
E

Or create a wall template. Not too hard I'd think. <-- Easiest. Seriously. Do you want the standard BoA fence graphics?

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Warrior
Member # 4792
Profile #4
I have solved this dilema by cut-and-pasting the original fence icons into something similar to a wall set, and though it has required major tweaking, I've gotten them to work. I should post my images to the Louvre; they could prove useful to others.

quote:
Place the fences thus:

FENCE1
E
N
C
E

Instead of:
xFENCE1
F
E
N
C
E
Please don't underestimate my intelligence. Despite my numerous questions, I am not a newb. I quickly exhausted all possibility of that method; there simply were not enough fence graphics to do what I wanted to.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #5
Apologies.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #6
Personally, I would go with making a custom connecting fence graphic. But that's just the way I roll.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00