Need someone with a Mac

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Need someone with a Mac
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #0
As of now, I am the only developer who's working on the 3D Editor/Remake, but unfortunately I am a PC-user, which means I cannot create Mac binaries. So I need someone who can to build the sourcecode and give me back the zip/sit file, so I can load it up onto Sourceforge, or load it themselves, if they have the time and are able to. No coding would be involved, but coding experience is definately neccessary.

Can anyone help out?
Warrior
Member # 5159
Profile #1
Point me in the right direction of a (C++ i'm assuming?) compiler, and I can build it for you.

--------------------
"The whoopie cushion shall rise again."
- Anton Szandor LaVey
Founder of the Church of Satan
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #2
If you have Mac OS X 10.3 or greater you should have XCode (a C++ compiler) on your computer. If not you can download it at apple.com (though this will take a while). Either way, XCode is the compiler that the Mac 3D Editor's code was originally and is compiled on. Also XCode uses gcc, so you can use that as an alternative.

I PM'd my email address to you, so just email me if you need me to email the source code. (Don't download the SourceForge release of the code, use the code from the CVS Server).

Also, just so you know, as I don't have a Mac I don't know for sure if the bug fix will work, so make sure to check, although I'm pretty sure it'll fix it. (The bug I'm talking about is the bug mentioned in the Mac Editor Updated topic.)

Thanks again.
Warrior
Member # 5159
Profile #3
Don't have the correct version of Mac OSX. Didn't find any other compilers (at least not downloads) on the apple site.

--------------------
"The whoopie cushion shall rise again."
- Anton Szandor LaVey
Founder of the Church of Satan
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
When I get my real computer back (hopefully within the next couple of days), I should be able to help, but right now I'm stuck with OS 10.2.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #5
XCode Download:
Here

Apple Compiler Tools:
Here

Be warned, the XCode download is pretty big. You may want to just download GCC for OS X. The second link is supposed to get you there (that's what GCC's website says), but I can't seem to find exactly where the actual download is.

[ Thursday, June 16, 2005 10:55: Message edited by: KernelKnowledge12 ]
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #6
I'm willing to help. I have 10.3 and the dev tools.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #7
Do you need me to email you the source, or can you access the CVS? (For reference, the CVS module is called Mac3DBoAEDitor.)

EDIT:

Are you willing to load it onto SourceForge also?

[ Friday, June 17, 2005 02:15: Message edited by: KernelKnowledge12 ]
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #8
My computer isn't connected to the internet, and I can't install a cvs client on this one. So email to khoth0 (at) gmail (dot) com (if it comes to less than 10 MB) or the email in my profile otherwise.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #9
Email sent.