BoA Editor Remake - Info

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoA Editor Remake - Info
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #0
Has anyone got an at least partial list of improvements, changes, extras and editors ?
Because I am really keen on having an easier editor to use, plus a dialogue editor. And, any idea when it might be betaed?

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
The main thing, at least at first, is that it will be written in much more readable, usable code. It will have palettes for floors, terrains, creatures, and items. It will eventually, after the first release, have a number of script editors, too, but that's far off yet.

I am told that the main coders on this project are all quite busy at the moment, so it will be a while before we see anything. I'd expect some results to happen this summer.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #2
Thanks Kel.

Another 14 posts and you're on 3000! I just saw.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I am told that the main coders on this project are all quite busy at the moment, so it will be a while before we see anything. I'd expect some results to happen this summer.
Notus and I are very busy at the moment, although I will be free to code in about two-three weeks. Isaac did not plan to be a main developer, and will most likely help more when the graphics code gets ported. If the original graphics code does not surprise me with any other examples of bad code, there should be an early alpha release by the beginning of summer. At this point it should be like the original editor (with a 3D view), but with a palette for picking creatures/items/terrains/floors. After this, I'll try to create a better porting utility so some more BoE scenarios can be ported, though this may not be possible. Also I will take a lot of time to comment my code, so others may become interested to lend a hand.

Just so it is known, I'll be pretty busy over the Summer with several projects, so progress may be a little slow. I am not aware of the other developers' plans for the summer, so this is mainly conjecture.

Any other questions/suggestions are welcome, and thanks to Kel for answering Jadewolf.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by KernelKnowledge12:

quote:

Notus and I are very busy at the moment, although I will be free to code in about two-three weeks. Isaac did not plan to be a main developer, and will most likely help more when the graphics code gets ported. If the original graphics code does not surprise me with any other examples of bad code, there should be an early alpha release by the beginning of summer. At this point it should be like the original editor (with a 3D view), but with a palette for picking creatures/items/terrains/floors. After this, I'll try to create a better porting utility so some more BoE scenarios can be ported, though this may not be possible. Also I will take a lot of time to comment my code, so others may become interested to lend a hand.

Just so it is known, I'll be pretty busy over the Summer with several projects, so progress may be a little slow. I am not aware of the other developers' plans for the summer, so this is mainly conjecture.

Any other questions/suggestions are welcome, and thanks to Kel for answering Jadewolf.

how about the porting progress with xixao's trainers
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #5
I am not in charge of that.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I'm not sure why you would need a trainer for BoA, given the character editor and the HLPM.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #7
quote:

I'm not sure why you would need a trainer for BoA, given the character editor and the HLPM.
but for geneforge unlimited essence mwuhahahahahahaha
Warrior
Member # 4202
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by KernelKnowledge12:

Isaac did not plan to be a main developer, and will most likely help more when the graphics code gets ported.
Actually I no longer have any plans to help any more (though that does not entirely rule out it occuring). I've become too much of a contributor to Battle for Wesnoth, and uninterested in BoA, to do much with its editor.

--------------------
Creator of the 3D Blades of Avernum Editor for Mac. Get it at Ingenious Isaac's Illusion, my web page. Better yet, get Battle for Wesnoth, a wonderful free TBS game.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #9
I have been working on building a dialog editor, but I've been a bit too busy to finish it lately. It does work, but it has some limitations that may prevent it from ever being useful; I'll see.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
Feel free to, you know, release it, if it does in fact work. If you lack webspace, I could host it, if you wanted.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #11
Kelandon: I appreciate your offer, as I have in fact, no web space. I need one week to get through finals, and then I'll be looking into creating at least a semi-finished product. The version I'm making is a mac version, but it's in Java, so porting it shouldn't be much trouble.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"