Outdoor Script Calls

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Outdoor Script Calls
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #0
Finally back to work on my scenario, tentatively titled "Evil East," and I'm trying to get the hang of the outdoor script calls for dialog boxes, rewards, etc. I noticed in VoDT that there are scripts titled o00Northweste, o01Southweste, and so forth.

I can tell that the titles of the scripts are indicative of which outdoor section (in X,Y coordinates) to which they apply. My question is this: What do I need to do to fashion some of my own outdoor scripts? Is it as simple as putting the right title on the word-processing document, or is there more to it?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
If I were you, I'd duplicate one of VoDT's outdoor scripts and rename it appropriately for your scenario. Then I'd take out all the code inside the states but not delete the states themselves (so make sure the START_STATE still exists, but elminate everything inside of it, for example).

Then go to the Outdoors menu in the editor and set the "Section Script" to the name of your outdoor section's script file. Voila! You're ready to script.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #2
Holy smokes! That's all it is? Thank you very much, Kelandon.

That's one of those nagging things that I keep forgetting, while I edit: coordinating the scripts and the graphical editor. For instance, I had such trouble with the dialogue script for one of my towns, until I realized that, in the graphical editor, I hadn't specified what script the town should follow (and subsequently which dialogue script). If that's how it works for the outdoors, then I just need to find where to specify that.