It's been a while, but...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: It's been a while, but...
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #25
Hopefully there will be an option for scenerios to strip the player of any non standard items. There will always be designers who will create ridiculously overpowered items.

weapon of K3WL D00D3RY:
does 10-250 damage + 1-25 per level
never misses
inflicts all bad conditions on target
attack only uses 1 action point

armor of tank magery:
imunity to all damage
imunity to all bad conditions
bestows all good conditions on wearer
+25 action points
+25 to all skills
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #26
Why should scenario makers want to strip items like that from a player? If the player wants to play with those items, then he or she should be able to. Everyone has different ideas of how to get fun out of a scenario. Some people like tactical combat challenges, and some people think combat is boring and just want to skip it. For the latter type, let them use those items if they want to.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #27
Played scenarios like Requelle's Nightmare and Masks? Item stripping is fun.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #28
Yeah, but there's a difference between stripping the party of items for a challenge and stripping them of items for the entire scenario.

Also, having non-default-item stripping will leave me with no option than to make like Thuryl and use the BoA equivalent of two flaming steel waveblades. :(

Pages