Change Terrain Appearance

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Change Terrain Appearance
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #0
I've been combing the docs and searching threads, here, but I don't know how to trigger a terrain to appear.

I'm working on having an appearing vahnatai cabinet. I just have no idea what to put in a terrain script that could make it suddenly appear.

I apologize that this is all very general complaining. I'm still getting the hang of terrain scripting. I've already figured out how to get a chest to give a special item, but the icon change here is giving me a headache.

Any ideas are welcome. I need to make this cabinet appear, and be able to be searched. From there, I think that I can manage things.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Will the call set_terrain do what you need?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #2
Just might. I just looked up that call in the appendices. I'll have to try it. Should make things a lot shorter than making some kind of terrain script, if I can call it from, say, some state of the town script...

I'll get back to you on it, but if past experience shows anything, your suggestion will fix it.

EDIT: Okay, got the cabinet to appear. Do I now need to construct a small terrain script in order to search it? I intend to put a dialog choice here, not real items, so I can't use the put_item command (never mind that it wouldn't put things *inside* the cabinet). If I need to put together a terrain script, I can do it, but I need to know one additional thing. Where to do I put the condition that makes the space searchable after I make the cabinet appear? In the SEARCH_STATE, or somewhere else?

[ Saturday, February 19, 2005 21:42: Message edited by: Guardian of Eternity ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Yes, in the SEARCH_STATE. That is, if (get_terrain(my_loc_x(),my_loc_y()) == [vahnatai cabinet]), do the dialog box.

[ Saturday, February 19, 2005 22:17: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #4
EDIT : Never mind about this. I was going to get a terrain script checked, but figured out what I might be doing wrong. Sorry. :(

[ Sunday, February 20, 2005 12:06: Message edited by: Guardian of Eternity ]