Wandering town monsters (turn off)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Wandering town monsters (turn off)
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #0
Maybe it's just me and I haven't found it, but how do you turn off the wandering town monsters when you 'kill' a town? I would've assumed that by setting a town as dead, that the wandering monsters defined would stop, but they still seem to be generated. In outdoor regions, you have a sdf that can be used to turn off the encounters, but there doesn't seem to be something similar for wandering town monsters.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
I don't think you can. My suggestion is not to use them to begin with, they make playing tedious. If you insist, you could place artificial wandering monsters via your town script.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
I'd recommend wandering monsters by script as well, because then you can actually limit the number of wanderers, and place them directly behind the party's line of sight at all times. (Imagine- walking down a corridor, only to meet a group of undead, with zombies coming up from where you had already been!)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks. I kinda knew that generation through scripting was the way to go, I was just getting lazy. :)